Several followers asked what I spent my hard earned dosh on at the Cavalier Wargame Show last Sunday, so here goes!!!!
- 27 packs of Essex 15mm NYW figures. This was the big wallet emptier, Math has never been my strongest subject, I'd roughly worked this out to be around £50, but I ended up handing over £72!!! shhh!!!!!!! But I needed all the figures anyway so there you go, this should (should he says?) be enough to compleste my Jacobite army for the Battle of the Boyne project.
- 6 MDF bases, I do plan to make some terrain pieces, a pond, rough ground, etc, etc. Will this ever get done, your guess is as good as mine??
- 6 pots of Miniature Paints from Redoubt and I still managed NOT to pick up the Dark blue, that I wanted in the first place?
- A pack of Limestone rocks and stones from Realistic Modelling materials for £2, these guys make some beautiful trees.
- 1 pack of WSS generals from Black Hat minis, they've got Tricorns that will have to be chopped off, I won't be using the horses though, they're way to big to fit in with Essex figs.
- There was a little stall tucked up in the corner, with various wargame brick or brack, nothing was for sale, you had to give a donation, all in aid of Help the Heroes. Which I thought was a great idea. I ended up with 2 15mm wagons, as if I haven't got enough already?? Not sure of their make, but they'll be a good addition to my FIW wagon train.
- Earlier in the week Fran put in an order from Peter Pig, (more of his Franonia shenanigans??) I ordered 3 lots of 15mm heads, 1 pack with tricorns, 1 with round hats and 1 bareheaded. So instead of giving him the money back i ended up buying a Peter Pig car for Fran and I've gotta paint it for him. After all its going to be my car in his Franonia project, He's basing the rebel leader on me for some reason Rebel Ray from Rayonia or Rayjuksatan or my personal favourite Rayizkubwa, has red hair???
- I spied the LotR rules at the bring and buy for £5, now several years ago myself and Fran changed some of the stats in the rules, so I could use them for my Vikings, (Fran uses the rules for his Samurai skirmish games) so I thought Its about time I sorted my Vikings out. I wasn't 100% sure if I already had the rules, so I bought them..... and then found the one I had already on my bookshelf when I got home Doh!!!
- The best for last, this could get a little messy??? Why did I do it? I don't know! Am I going to do them? (Groan and Frown). Am I going to end up smashing them up in a fit of rage and temper? Probably Yes!!!!!!!! I bought for the cheap price of £15 a box of Gripping beast Plastic Vikings. Now I love Gripping Beast, when they first started out years ago I bought everything from them, Normans, Saxon, Vikings, Welsh, Moors, Spanish the whole kit a caboodal. I've not painted or gamed with the figures for more years than I care to remember, but with all the talk on the new Saga rules, and the release of all the different plastic figures, I thought I'll give some of them a try. Now fellow Reject Richard bought some plastic Austrian Napoleonics for his Revolutionary Wars, he's got the patience of a saint and had a nightmare glueing them together.....I on the other hand haven't got a great deal of patience and I think I'm gonna struggle sticking them together, although they're not as complicated as the Napoleonics? So watch this space or my ebay page, or my bin, coz that's where they'll probably end up!!!