Pages

Thursday, 24 September 2026

Retreat from Mosow.....errr more French Wagons


I know, I know....
Now these great pair of wagons came to me as part of Dave Crook's late friend Eric's collection, who sadly passed a couple of years ago.
I have no clue who made these solid metal wagons? If you dropped them, I think they'd go through the floorboards!


They're both identical, but I chose to paint one in green and this one a brown woody colour.


The Horses and Riders are all from Redoubt Enterprises!
That makes 8 out of the 12 wagons I'd planned.
More to come soon.




 

5 comments:

  1. Nice additions Ray, they look good, nice little models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More wagons! Ward Bond would be jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there no end to your parade of rolling stock? Splendid work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estimates vary, but the French took around 20,000 carts and wagons out of the Moscow region in late 1812. Twenty thousand - in six columns! The more carts the better for verisimilitude! Are they Old Glory? https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FXE-21

    ReplyDelete