Pages

Monday, 7 September 2026

WWII Batrep - The 129th Brigades Attack on Hill 112 - Operation Jupiter 10th July 1944


Five Rejects got together in Posties Shed for a game of Rapid Fire, Reject Dan was the Ref and we were using all his great looking 15mm figures.
Both Postie and Steve had already played this scenario at last years Replay Show, they were the brits on that day, so for this game they swapped sides, giving me and Colin the British for todays game.



Our orders were take and hold the 3 objectives, the Crossroads and the 2 wooded areas


Dan had been a very silly boy, he'd forgotten to bring along all the Turrets of our Churchill tanks!!
So they all look a little bit bald!!!


My Command of the left, with my bald Churchill's!


Our centre, split between myself and Colin.
More blad Churchill's!


Colin's command on the right.


Our plan was pretty simple, there were no German's on the table at the start, but the loads on blinds, so we didn't know where they actually were?


My 4th Battalion Wiltshire regt - Commanded by Lt Col Edward Luce advance through the fields.


What to do with my anti tank gun, when there's no enemy tanks to shoot at?


My artillery observers.


Lets kill me some cows!!!
As we got within 12 inches of a blank, they had to be revealed, out came an Infantry Platoon.


Up the hill the tanks go in the centre.


While without much cover to be had, Colin crosses the open ground.


Our first casualties, we lose the Carrier for our anti tank gun, in the centre.


Our Spotter plane spots........nothin!


But as we've moved up within 12 inches, more Germans are revealed. On the hill on our left a 105mm Howitzer is revealed as well as more infantry in the woods, just left of the crossroads.


Also more German infantry the other side of the crossroads.


Now i have to admit, I'm a tactical numpty, when it comes to WWII, I was struggling with what the weapons were, what I could fire at with which weapon and such. I think I need to do a bit of reading before our next game!!!

I moved up my infantry to shoot at the German's behind the hedge, Dan asked if I wanted to assault them, why they hell not I thought, then Dan laid done the defensive position behind the hedge.....Doh!


We're moving as fast as we can with our infantry.


But its slow going.


Back to my assalt....


Ooo, its a big victory for the Brits, what was left of the German defenders run to there closet cover which is the woods in the centre.


Our dice were as per usual pretty crap, we couldn't hit a thing, luckily nor could the Germans!


Keep going boys!


I finally set up my machine gun on the right, gotta get rid of the Panzerschreck behind the hedge.


Now I missed the opportunity to take a few pic until this moment, after beating the infantry on our left, I swung the flank heading towards the woods, when....
Two bloody Tiger tanks appeared on the tabletop behind my tanks!!!

Oh what joy!!!!

We do doing so well, up to this point????


But its ok, we've got another chance to do something with our Typhoon.....but missed again!



I've never seen Postie with such a big grin. But he missed every shot, except his machine guns, knocking off some of my infantry.


Now your really taking the piss!
Another 2 Tigers enter the table on our rear!!
Now Postie unbelievably missed again with the guns but shot my infantry to pieces, forcing a morale check. I went and threw a 1, which meant my troops surrendered, which c=basically was the end of the game!!
When will my dice improve? Soon I hope?

Conclusion
Ignoring the Tigers turning up where and when they did, this was a brilliant game. I do love the rules, even If I don't fully understand them yet. Steve and Postie told us what they thought we'd do, which was charge up the road with the carriers and scout the area more quickly and maybe do some damage quicker, which kinda makes sense. I'll have to remember that tactic for our next game.
Well done to Dan for producing a quite brilliant game, and well done to Postie and Steve to the win, even though they both couldn't hit a barn door! Much like me and Colin!
Oh well, onwards and upwards!



Later that day, Dan sent me a pic, he'd found the missing turrets!!
I think we'd have won the game hands down if we had them! 
LOL!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like I missed a good game. It was a tough scenario when we played it last year.

    ReplyDelete