I wanted to add, that little something extra to my NYW/Grand Alliance army, these are not really needed for Beneath the Lilly Banners ruleset, but I wanted some anyway!!
Unfortunately Essex minis don't make any figures like this, or make, any standing horses, so I had to look elsewhere. Venexia sell them, ref TS17, but they're giants compared to Essex. These dismounted Dragoons are from Irregular Miniatures, my only moan is that the figure L19, in their range only comes with 1 horse and 1 holder, so for my 2 stands below which is enough for 2 squadrons of Dragoons, I had to buy 4 packs, which is a lot of wastage, although I'm sure if I asked Irregular would do some kind of deal.
The figures are painted up in the colours of Fitzharding's Dragoons, the parent unit can be found in another one of my posts here.
Lastly I've moved up to the No2 spot in the Annalouge Painting Challange, here's the chart as it stands today the 13/2/12
- KentG: 2957 (28mm ECW Cavalry Regiments)
- RayR: 1814 (15mm F&IW Wagons and Artillery)
- ChrisP: 1533 (28mm Greek Hoplites for SAGA)
- TimB: 1452 (28mm Ancient Greeks)
- SteveM: 1211 (15mm WWII 'Red Devils')
- FranL: 1187 (15mm Riot Police, Reporters, etc.)
- DaveD: 935 (28mm Napoleonic Mamelukes)
- JohnM: 685 (28mm Napoleonic Prussian Cavalry)
- GregB: 629 (15mm & 1:285 WWII Grm Tanks)
- MilesR: 565 (28mm War of 1812 US Infantry)
- Curt: 520 (28mm Napoleonic Casualty Marker)
- DallasE: 410 (28mm WWII US Infantry)
- IanW: 344 (6mm French Hussars)
- ChristopherS: 255 (28mm Aztec Warriors)
- PhilH: 221 (28mm Baboons and Femme Fatale)
- JuanM: 221 (28mm Legio V Command)
- MichaelF:165 (28mm Viking Warband)
- JohnB: 150 (30mm Vistula Legion Infantry)
- TimmyD: 128 (20mm WWII PAK & Crews)
- Sylvain: 80 (28mm Napoleonic Russians)
- Ross: 74 (28mm Mycenaeans & Tommies)
- MikeW: 55 (28mm WWII Germans)
- PaulP: 24 (15mm Napoleonic Saxon Cmd)
Poor Fran doesn't make the top 5, but he's close in 6th place with 1187 points. With just over a month to go its going to be close. I think myself and Fran could have sewn up a top 5 space, (fingers crossed), it would have been nice to challenge for the top spot, but I don't see anyone catching Sir Kent!!!