Friday 24 November 2017

The Eighth Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge


Its that time of year again.........
But its a little different this year?

Please say hello to Minion Ray, he will be in charge on a Wednesday.
So gawd help any of you who get Wednesday's

Just blame Curt!



Curt's baffled me once again with his choices for the bonus rounds?
I have been buying a few odd figures here and there over the year hoping that I could fit them in somewhere in the bonus rounds, but he's surpassed his self this year!
The only easy one is the Musician??

'Flight' (January 6th submission / displayed January 7th / voting results January 14th)

'BFG: Big Freakin' Gun' (January 20st submission / displayed January 21st / voting results January 28th)

'Music/Musician' (February 3rd submission / displayed February 4th / voting results February 11th)

'Childhood' (February 17th submission / displayed February 18th / voting results February 25th)

'Monstrous' (March 3rd submission / displayed March 4th / voting results March 11th)

It's great that Curt's include terrain for the first time in a Challenge. I wonder how long it took Curt to come up with the points structure for these!?!?
I know its gonna give me a headache trying to work it all out!

I just want to wish everyone good luck and I'll apologise now to all you poor sods who get me on a Wednesday!

40 comments:

  1. Congratulations on minionhood, Ray! Should be a great Challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Curt really that desperate for minions?????? I'm sure you'll make a decent go of things. Just wondering what theme you'll take for your daily minion posts - budgies of the world perhaps? ;)

    As for terrain being included, I guess that means you'll be able to fill your sandbags with lots of sandbags :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Budgies and sandbags Tamsin......budgies and sandbags.

      Delete
  3. Likes like Curt had to scrap the bottom of the barrel for a minion! I suppose bribes will need to be paid for everyone slotted on Wednesdays or they can expect to be short counted on points.;-)

    Seriously though looking forward to your colorful commentary on Wendsdays and congrats! See you in the challenge Ray!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil....at least you appreciate Curt's choices.

      Delete
  5. Look forward to seeing your output

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some kind of winged demon
    An artillery piece
    Musician you have got sorted,
    Childhood to me sounds like something you could paint like your favourite toy soldier range cowboys etc?
    Monstrous could be any character in history (Vlad the impaler) Some sort of god or similar perhaps?

    Look forward to your high productions though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now here's the problem.....winged demon. The only winged demon I know moved back to Ireland's few years ago!

      Delete
  7. Musician could be a General playing a choppy little tune on a BAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's easy, I've got stacks of figures for this one.

      Delete
  8. Nice one sir...yes those bonus rounds have me scratching my head. I have a 'Monstrous' entry but as for the others I'll have to get my finkin cap on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, not sure I like all this fantasy talk. It's making me all twitchy!

      Delete
  9. A lucky escape for you not having to be my minion. As this year I will not be taking part. But I do wish all involved the very best of British.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh gawd... he is on minion power trip!! ws there really no once else to do the job!

    have fun Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the challenge Ray, I suspect you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mahoosive siege gun for either your Donnybrook/Ireland projects? Make a great scenario ("rescue the gun", etc etc) For the flying thing - observation balloon? No idea on childhood/monstrous... for the latter, perhaps a slave train for the Donny project?? Pretty monstrous?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see you in the lists Ray and as Minion no less! Cheers Mate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. See you in the Mosh Pit that is the Challenge, Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ray you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ray,

    I am going through the list notifying those who have shown an interest in my book, to send an email to kerstinsmith1234@gmail.com if they still want to order.

    Cheers,

    Pat.

    ReplyDelete

  17. vshare
    vshare download
    vshare market
    vshare apk
    vshare helper
    vshare ios
    As this year I will not be taking part. But I do wish all involved the very best of British.

    ReplyDelete
  18. popcorn time on mac
    popcorn time android apk
    how to use popcorn time
    As this year I will not be taking part. But I do wish all involved the very best of British.

    ReplyDelete