Friday 19 April 2024

My Salute Loot 2024

 


Salute is well and truly over for another year and what a great show it was, thanks again to The Warlords and everyone involved in making the show a great experience.
So great infact, that my wallet was attacked by a bit of a spending spree, at the time I didn't think I bought too much, BUT now when I look at it..........well I'll let the pics do the talking.

My first purchase of the day wasn't planned at all, walking around I found Battlefield Accessories. Its not any wonder I'd not heard about them before as they're from Australia! The 3 buildings are made from MDF and were a fair price , between £16 and £24 each.


Next we have a set of rules BelloLudi, this time from the Netherlands!
I bought the complete set of rules, dice and cards. I saw these advertised somewhere recently, can't remember where? 


A pre order from those wonderful chaps at Warbases


Including some of their 2mm Strength & Honour figures.
Yes I'm going to do another 2mm period, even though I've not finished the last one and not had a game with the figures yet.


I phoned Casting Rooms Miniatures a few weeks ago, I wanted them to bring a few packs with them to the show so I could see how big or small they are, basically will they fit in with Trent Miniatures. For my Haitian Revolution game I plan to put on at Broadside Wargame Show in June, I need some Creole/Mulatto figures, so thought these might work. But the one thing I forgot to bring with me was a Trent mini so I had to guess, (never a good idea?) I picked out a few packs, but in the end just bought the bloody lot!!


Foudry Pirates...............no actually they're more Creole/Mulatto troops. I really only needed around 18 figures, I've now got a whole bloody army of them! Why do I do this to myself?


Re-designed Vallejo paints!


A little pressie from Steve at General Reeve blog
A sprue of French Napoleonics, these should come in handy, cheers Steve! 
What a great hobby community we have.


By the time I got to Debris of War, they'd sold out of a building I wanted!! No problem though, I've arranged to pick one up at Broadside in June.


A pack of French Revolutionary figures, Paris Mob from Eureka,  and my first ever purchase from 
Gringo 40's General Thomas-Alexandre Dumas, he will make a perfect Haitian General.


Last but not least Basic Impetus rules along with Warbook 4.
It's all Jonathan Freitag's fault!

And that's the end of my Salute Loot!

50 comments:

  1. That's a good haul of loot, Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, just gotta get the figures painted now in time for June. Are you going to Broadside?

      Delete
  2. You came home with a ton of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sneaked through the front door without Mrs R seeing what I bought, you mean?

      Delete
  3. Wow that looks very nice Ray!
    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an impressive pile of loot! On the BI front, I have now seen three copies of the rules feature on blogs in recent days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a decent haul. Not surprised your wallet was attacked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its wounded pretty bad, Neil. I dunno if its gonna survive?

      Delete
  6. A great haul Ray! Impetus is a fantastic system and has been my ancients/dark age mass battle rule system for many years. Basic Impetus is a great starter as it has all the armies needed and plays games quick and full Impetus + the Warbooks have more complete lists and more crunch in your games. You can't go wrong with either. It's seems Jonathan is doing a good job in getting more converts!:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon is doing a fab job, you're right Chris.

      Delete
  7. Hey Ray -- a while ago I bought some Casting Room "Rebels & Rioters" to use as civilians for my Haitian Revolution game and they matched up just fine with Trent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do yes, I've had a chance to put them side by side. thanks Schogun.

      Delete
  8. A splendid run of reports here--but Salute seems to be so rich as to warrant more than one to cover it. Not sure whether to thank or curse you: even though I wasn't even in the UK, much less Salute, I'm about to drop some orders on things seen here...which of course I discover that--somehow--I've been doing without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sorry Ed, I hope you enjoy your soon to be arriving purchases!

      Delete
  9. Hmmmm.... Perhaps we should start calling you the "Rich Reject" from now on and leave poor Lee alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Just bought the bloody lot!!" - Well done, Ray. LOL!! Plenty of intriguing stuff in your post. I think pouring over new rulebooks is definitely one of the perks of actually attending shows, as well as comparing figure sizes with various ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not safe buying blind nowadays with scale creep and all that. I do like to feel the figures in my hand before I buy. Just like a fine wine or a pint!

      Delete
  11. Not a bad haul at all. Should keep you occupied for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lorra lorra loot Ray.. will keep you busy! So are you going for 2mm ancients with 'BI'?

    Those Napoleonics that Steve gifted you - if they were from Wargames Illustrated a few months back, I think I have them too and you're welcome if you need more? I've been wondering if I could give them to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not 2mm Ancients, something different. I shall leave the there me thinks!! I think the Nappies are from WI, and I'll take them off your hands if you don't need them, thanks David.

      Delete
  13. A very decent haul Ray, will be interested in your latest foray into 2mm, must admit I am very tempted by Strength and Honour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The games always look good, and they don't have to cost you a fortune to get a big army in no time at all. I just wish I'd discovered 2mm years ago.

      Delete
  14. Lovely haul snd very handy looking tufts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debris of War do make some great items Norm. I'll be using the rows of vegetables for 2mm, hedges and lines of trees. They work perfect for that.

      Delete
  15. A good variety there Ray. The Basic Impetus books will be worth a read as I always enjoy Jonathan's AARs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just gotta find tine to read through them now?

      Delete
  16. Fine stash . Love the mission creep of the pirates 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  17. A goodly haul of new stuff there Ray - the casting Room ones are probably my favourites - look forward to seeing them ALL painted LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice haul, I always found that the Foundry stuff mixes really well together with the Trent range, looking forward to seeing them on the table.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  19. A splendid haul Ray…
    Go that wargames butterfly 🦋🦋🦋…😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha ha, love the Haitian options explosion! Once a wargamer always a wargamer! Great haul, Ray. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I've enough for 4 units of Mulattoes now?

      Delete
  21. Great haul from the con, Ray! I'm sure it's hard to choose stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a bit odd Ray. Postie said your cart was full and you emptied it to get more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did both go back to the car and drop off our loot, more to save our backs than anything else!

      Delete
  23. Lots of goodies there Ray 👍

    ReplyDelete