Tuesday 9 April 2024

AHPC14 - Donnybrook - Austrian Infantry regt Lothringen, Vienna 1683. 125pts

 



This was originally posted late in the Challenge on 18th March.

Its 23.34 in England, I've gotta get up at 5.45, so I should be tucked up in bed at my age???
Instead I've just finished basing these figures up and taking some pics.


Here we have a few more figures for my Donnybrook, Vienna 1683 project


These 2 x 8 figure units represent the Austrian Infantry regt of Leopold von Herzog Lothringen


I did want to paint up a different regt but this one only needed red stockings, so would be quicker.


In addition to the infantry, we also have 4 Sergeants


Most of the figures are from Dixon minis, with a smattering of Wargames Foundry in the Sergeants and Officers.


Also Officers in blue coats and a drummer in red.


Rear view!


The flag was a copy of one from Warflag, which I then changed the colours to match the units differing colours and added the orb in the centre of the double headed eagle.

So all in all 25 x 25mm figures making a total of  125 points!

I do have 1 last post, but I don't know the figures are gonna dry in time???

37 comments:

  1. Figures like these make me reconsider my choices for periods played. Wonderful brush work. Now get some well deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really stepping up the pace now Ray. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb looking regiment Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Austrian infantry Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking figures as always Ray. This 17th Century collection of yours is making me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Ray and clever stuff with the flag too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful looking miniatures Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of figures - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super work Ray, very nice regiment. Dixons figures from this range are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures are a joy to paint, the raised belts and such make them so easy to paint and with a little ink over the top all the shaded is added.

      Delete
  10. It's postings like these that make me think I could dip my toe in this period and see what I can paint up across the year. I need to get some more Naps done first though. But these paintjobs are definitely tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Austrians look so cool in white uniforms. Excellent work mate

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are as mad as I am Ray...I get about 6 hours sleep Mon to Fri ...and it's not really enough! The new figures do look very nice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely get more than 5-6 hours sleep. Think my bodies used to that now.

      Delete
  13. Super additions to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely job, particularly on the whites, which I think are the hardest thing to get right for the painter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The business Ray…
    Some classic Dixon miniatures as well…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic stuff Ray

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice Ray a great addition to your collection.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete