Wednesday 23 June 2021

Fathers Day 2021

 


I did very well on Fathers Day on Sunday.
As you can see 5 packs for minis from Trent Miniatures from their Caribbean Range

I asked for several different packs, they chose 2 packs of  Rebel/Slaves with hand weapons and 3 packs of French Dragoons.

Some of the figures I asked for were out of stock and with the very sad demise of Mr Trent, Duncan Macfarlane, it might be some time before the figures are available again?

I always paint my Dad a figure for Fathers Day and I carried on the Kings, Queens and Royalty theme with a 15mm Punic War figure of Hannibal on an Elephant.


I bought this figure many moons ago and can't remember who made it?


Well Dad liked it anyway.




40 comments:

  1. What a unique figure for your father. Glad he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on both the given and received Fathers Day gifts Ray - we don't have the event here till later in the year - I think its Sept but don't quote me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. Wonder why, yours is in September?

      Delete
  3. Nice haul - some colonial adventures planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes FMB. Check back on a few posts, I've been painting figures up for a few months now.

      Delete
  4. Nice tradition carried out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just superb, base and figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice thought - nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are lucky Ray.
    you escaped the traditional socks or pullover/t-shirt offered on that day ; )

    Eric - http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Igot a bar of dark chocoloate, so I'm not jealous at all, no sirree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The figures are a very nice addition to the other things in the middle! Great gift for your father!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice haul Ray. As with Keith, my first reaction was "the bastards didn't get me anything" until I remembered ours is in September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice little haul! I got a new mug, pants and a T Shirt and some chocs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That card brought a tear to my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice gifts for a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice score Ray. I am jealous your family are well enough attuned to buy you figures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great and different idea for Fathers Day gift

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ray, what a great way to honor your father on Father’s Day. Well done at that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Five packs of figures is not to be sniffed at and I hope they brought you up a cup of tea in bed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the elephant and a nice haul too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete