Friday 18 March 2022

AHPC 12 - Krypton/Superhero - The Phantom


Going all Sci Fi/Fantasy today!!!

I've finally made it onto my last planet on the Quadrant Map.
Krypton: Superhero


Well he looks like a Superhero to me?


From the first Comic Strip May 28th 1939




I bought the figure several years ago from the now defunct Avolak Castings. It was sold as The Spectre.
He's been sat in a box waiting for Curt to do a Superhero bonus round all this time.


 I've not used my pot of purple paint very much, apart from on my Ottomans.
It was great to scrap the crust off the top!


So with this post I make it into the centre of the quadrant and await my punishment from the Snowlord.

Nice and easy on the points on this one.

5 points for the figure
20 points for the Bonus round

 

28 comments:

  1. What? Sci-fi? You? Great looking character and fine purple rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fave Pulp-era action heroes, Ray, and very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like him! I once did the Phantom from a Zombies of the Stratosphere range from Pulp Miniatures. The Ghost Who Walks doesn't get enough press!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only really know of him through the Billy Zane film years ago.

      Delete
  4. Great work on this figure Ray and well done having him on stand by all this time, ready for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have quite a collection of strange (for me) unpainted figures, that might fit into the Challenge obe day.

      Delete
  5. Very nice work, the purple is very well done. Interesting figure, never came across that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another vote for the purple you have used Ray. Perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paint job. Now for Kit Walker ;-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Ray. I do love my superheroes... perhaps the Rejects ought to collect a few for "gaming"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite Pulp era heroes from some very old comic books I read in the early to mid '60's. You've brought him front forward nicely. He does need 'Wolf' by his side ( I think that was the dog's name.) Purple can be tough to sell, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the comic books from when I was young and I liked them a lot! Great painted figure!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's notoften you see superheroes with guns, but I like this guy a lot.

    ReplyDelete