Monday 28 March 2022

AHPC 12 - Donnybrook - Ottoman Commanders 1683


I ordered these Warfare Miniature Ottoman Commanders a few months ago as soon as they were released. But kept them to paint up during the Challenge. I could have been sneaky and use them as part of my final Challenge, to paint up another 2 units, one for either side of the for the attack on Vienna in 1683. But alas no, I'd already nearly finished these when given the Challenge.


I gotta say I'm really pleased with how they painted up.


The sculpting is superb and so are the poses, which helps make them really easy to paint up.


The flags are also from Warfare miniatures. 


All of the figures aren't for a particular unit, but can be used as command for any of the units I already have, or will paint in the future. And they will of course be added to my Donnybrook Ottoman force that I painted up during the last Challenge.

There are 10 x 25mm figures each worth 5pts.
So that's 50pts please Greg.

 

25 comments:

  1. NOt as scolourful as some of your ther commanders, looking very much more like typical unit commanders. A job well done I'd say, they do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb work Ray and the flags are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, and the flags look suitably colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Ottoman commanders Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice toys Ray…
    The Ottoman Turks were one of the first armies I ever collected… even now I am still tempted to paint a few…


    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Ray, they really look the part, the flags set them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really do look like nice figures Ray and I think you have done a particularly fine job on the paintwork- well worth 50 points I would say - possibly even another 10 as a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good sculpt can really help with the painting. Excellent work as ever Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very colourful bunch indeed.
    I hiss and spit on the Ottomans, though, for historical reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colorfull painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete