Thursday 7 September 2023

Almansa 1707 - 2mm Blockhouses

 


Technically, I don't need these luvvly Brigade Models Blockhouses for my Almansa project, but I just couldn't pass the up. 


You get 4 different buildings in a pack for the rather nice price of £1
Check them out at this Link


I originally based up a ew of them on a 20mm round base, but thought about it again and glued 6 of the 8 onto
some slate chippings.


I painted them up in the same way I painted the hill for my castle a few posts ago.


I'm not sure how they would be used in a game, but will probably be more tabletop decoration, than anything else.




For the final 2 buildings, I based them onto odd shaped card bases, on top of little foam hills.


Look out for more Almansa terrain items over the coming week.


24 comments:

  1. Very cool! Very tiny but very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tiny! Must've been a challenge to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really Alex, they were quite easy to be honest.

      Delete
  3. Excellent Ray. The ones on the slate chips look great.
    If you use the rules I believe you will use, then they are covered if you want something more than decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah good, I couldn't remember when I wrote the post.

      Delete
  4. Very nice work Ray, they work well and whether they have a use in a game or just as decoration they will certainly add to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Ray. I think basing them on the slate was the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think is creates a little depth to due to the scale should be a pretty flat field.

      Delete
  6. A 2mm house all off by itself looks really lonesome. 😀
    But yeah the ones on the hills look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But these aren't just house Stew, these a Blockhouses, housing loads of troops who guard the countryside and keep an eye out for 'orrible Englishmen on horses!

      Delete
  7. Very nice work as always Ray, you are still making steady progress on the Almansa project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thumbs up Ray. I agree with Stew that they look pretty lonesome. Maybe clump a few together to form a nice village?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already posted them Mike. Although there will be a couple more buildings post coming up soon.

      Delete
  9. For such a small size, they really are imressive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really, really clever and well executed. Genius putting some on hills.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely little blockhouses!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete