Friday 23 February 2024

AHPC 14 - Fantasy - Star Wars Imperial Walkers, At At's

 


Well you don't normally see something like this from me?


I bought these along with some other bigger figures a few years ago. I knew they'd come in handy for the painting Challenge one day.


I think they're made by Hasbro, they are 70mm tall so I guess they could be used for either 2mm or 6mm figures, depending on  your choice.


They were quick and easy to paint if I'm honest, a coat of grey, inked very dark grey, then highlighted twice with light grey and white.


Just for scale here we have a 25mm Trent mini


It took longer to put on the snow effect, which cost more than the figures did!!
They maybe Sci-Fi/Fantasy figures but I quite like 'em!


Fantasy: Tolkien? GRR Martin? Any fantasy hack actually. Have at it!

I'm pretty sure Star Wars fits into this bonus round?


As for the points?
I'm really not sure, so I'll leave that up to my luvvly Minion Teemu.
but I do get the.....
20 Bonus Point for the Fantasy Bonus round

Teemu gave me a whooping 20 points per walker to make a total of 80 pts!!!




26 comments:

  1. Ray, very atmospheric color scheme. Good for your score as well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely models and a great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sci-fi figures? Ray, I am shocked! Excellent result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Nice to see some science fiction action. The walkers were always so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they came out looking really good.
    So these were basically painted just for the points huh? 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on them, they look really good, not a big sci-fi game fan and I'm not too sure why as I do enjoy books and films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Donnie, I love most Sci-fi films and TV series, I just prefer not to play them??? Dunno why though? I have played a few Zombie games that our l pal Fran did a few years ago, they were great fun to play, so I'd probably enjoy some Star Wars action, but don't tell anyone!

      Delete
  7. Great work Ray. For a moment there I thought they were still pictures from one of the films.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool looking and nice easy paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty frigging cool. Are these for some SW war game I've never heard of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they're from a particular game or not JB. Follow this link for more info on the actual figures.

      https://halfpintsalvage.com/products/miniature-2-star-wars-imperial-at-at-walker-plastic-toy-scale-model

      Delete
  10. Splendid stuff indeed Ray…
    I always find myself wondering at the Empires choice of using massive walkers on an ice planet…It wouldn’t take much of an icy slope to cause havoc 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, what a daft idea, silly Emperor!

      Delete