Saturday 24 September 2016

Skirmish Sept 16 - Swag


Just a quick post, showing off the Swag I picked up at Skirmish last Sunday. There wasn't much and I bought it all from Col Bill.



A bit blurry, but here we have Ainsty Castings Jetty Catwalk.......not quite sure why I
 bought these, but they should add a little splash to our games.


I bought these two Belt Fed figures, Moll Cutpurse and Elizabeth I
to paint up in the coming Painting Challenge, I hope I can squeeze them in in a bonus round or two??



The same goes for these two packs...


absolutely no use what so ever on the wargaming table, but still a total must!!


Lastly....once again from Col Bill, 6 packs of 15mm NYW figures
5 packs are from Donnington minis, which I'm gonna need a few command for, hopefully I'll pick them up at SELWG, if Donnington are going that is??
And 1 pack of Essex French Dragoons, not sure if I actually need them, but I just couldn't resist!!
I also picked up 4 25mm figures from their bits box. Two Reiver NYW pikeman and 2 Depot Battalion, 7YW seated casualties.


Last but certainly not least is this wonderful book, I've had a quick flick through
and its already given me a few ideas. Buccaneers of the Caribbean was actually a 
very fine gift from fellow blogger Dave Crook!!

Thank you Dave!!

27 comments:

  1. What a haul! The musicians might be no use on the table, though I'd be tempted to have them as part of a general's entourage, along with cooks, valets, and hairdressers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know what you mean, I do love all these kinda figures, especially for skirmishes, you can add the (human)touch.

      Delete
  2. Quite a good haul. Have fun painting the virgin queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh the tale of Moll Cutpurs! I say no more. But I look forward to seeing how she gets painted.

    All others things look good as well and I will also enjoy seeing the musicians and dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking haul Ray, I must get me some of those bits from Col. Bills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of pieces mate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing some of these during the challenge.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bunch of figures and terrain to paint up. The inn folk will make a nice change from the normal soldiers etc we paint up. Book sounds interesting enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like all the civvy figures, no use at all but I still like them.

      Delete
  8. Some nice stuff there Ray, I am always at the end of the queue up here in the Norf when it comes to bits and pieces :)

    ReplyDelete