Wednesday 5 September 2018

Bovington Tank Museum Part 1




Last week, the last week of school holidays, we took a trip to Dorset, mainly to visit Monkey World, so the Mrs and kids would fill at home!!
I suggested we could also take a trip to the very close Bovington Tank Museum, I must have been a good boy or something, Emma and the kids all agreed. Should I be worried....probably??

I've been wanting to go to Bovington for years and unlike the Mrs and Brats I enjoyed every minute!
So here are a few.............ok lots of pics for you to either enjoy or bore you to tears.


Challenger I




The Number One Lincoln Machine 








Renault FT17




Crossley-Chevrolet Armoured Car




Lancaster Mark II Armoured Car




The Carden-Loyd Mark VI Carrier




Medium Tank Mark II




Vickers-Armstrongs Mark E Tank



Char B1




A13 Crusier Mark III





Panzer II





Light Mark VIB




Panther



T34/85





Ketternkrad


Cruiser III 
Cruiser Tank Mark VI





Panzer III





Dingo





Valantine





Grant M3









Cromwell Cruiser Tank




Sherman Firefly





Churchill VII




Daimler Armoured Car




Leopard





Cheiftain





T62




Challenger II




Saladin Armoured Car



M48 Patten




Centurian




M26 General Pershing


A10 Cruiser Mark IIACS



M22 Locust




Panzer I 
Command Tank



Ram Kangeroo



M10




Goliath SdKfz 303


T 26 Model1933



Luchs PzKlf II Ausf L




SU-76M




Heavy Armoured Car
SdKfz 234/3



Chaffee M24




88mm Panzerjager
Jagpanther, Sdkfz 173



Hetzer Jagpanther 38(f)




M9A1 Armoured half track


 OK that's the end of Part 1
Hopefully you're not as bored as my wife and kids were after a hour!?!
 Part 2 tomorrow

46 comments:

  1. Excellent pics...I managed a trip there a couple of years ago. I can recommend the Castle Inn at West Lulworth as a good place to stay if you manage a return trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember that for next time, Cheers Alastair.

      Delete
  2. Wow, impressive vehicles...and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tank labelled Panzer I is actually a Panzer II

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely right, thanks for the heads up Drew.

      Delete
  4. Get yourself to Tankfest Ray, see them moving! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some impressive tanks! What kid wouldn't want to see those though? I mean, come on - they blow things up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and very impressive collection of tanks !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent array of tanks and super photos, Ray! The camo on the Grant is eye-catching. Wait! The camo is supposed to be non-eye-catching...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly fabulous collection. I spent only a few hours there;could've spend an entire week there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is Dean, I could have spent another day there at least.

      Delete
  9. Loooking great! Thank YOU for a photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bovington is home away from home for me. Been there dozens of times and still get excited when I walk through the doors. It's got to the point now where the wife and kids let me go on my own because they can't take any more! Excellent photos mate, looking forward to 'Part 2'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a yearly ticket. We'll have to take Postie down there for a lads a day out!

      Delete
  11. Fabulous series of pictures - great stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  12. joyed part 1 and looking forward to part 2. (Better than monkey world)
    Next time leave the mum and kids at monkey world and see Bovington at peace and at leisure. Just a thought!

    Good pics on what was clearly a nice trip. I am sure you will return, maybe twist Big Lees arm. (Don't think it will take much twisting..... you could even drag the evil one along!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan Clint. There maybe room on the boot next time we go down if you fancy it?

      Delete
    2. Keep me informed. Of course I am interested.

      Delete
  13. A good day out Ray... but beware the payback!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the journey Ray! The hyman model of the
    8th figure is just...creepy!!
    Waiting for the part II ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of the best museums anywhere! Thanks for showing the photos Ray. It sure beats Monkey World...I mean Monkey's Vs Tanks....no competition (ooh could get messy!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Jason - one of my two favourite museums ever (you need to get yourself to the Musee de l'Armee in Paris b.t.w. your girls will go catatonic).. went earlier this year and got free entry for a year with the entrance and I must get there again before it runs out... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid a very fleeting visit there a few years ago. I won't be taking the girls or the wife next time!

      Delete
  17. My boy would be all over this. Another stop added to the "some day" trip across the Pond.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great museum and well worth a visit (you should have sent the 'girls' to Monkey world (if it's still there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still there, we went there in the morning.

      Delete
  19. As you know I was just there and it is wonderful! Great shots btw!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete