Tuesday 16 June 2020

Haitian Revolution - French Line


I had a massive stroke of luck back in March at the Skirmish wargame show. I was having a chat with Stu from Col Bill's aabout my new project the Haitian Revolution. He then said he'd just bought some part painted at a show the day before. So we both went out to his van and he pulled out a giant bag of figures!!!! A right princely sum was duly handed over, saving me a fair few quid and saving the Col the time in unbasing and stripping the figures.
I cannot say that I painted these entirely, because I didn't, they'd nearly all been prepainted but been bashed around in the bag and mainly needed a bit of TLC.


So a little TLC was given, I based them on Wrabases 25mm round bases and voila! They ready to go.


There was also 4 command figures with a flag already attached! To say I'm pleased is an understatement!

35 comments:

  1. You cleaned them up nice.
    Probably shouldn't start a post with I had a massive stroke... Rather worried me there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting project Ray, well done !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These French men look great, Ray! Good job on the refurbishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First five words in your post got me really worried....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that really was a stroke of luck, fabulous result Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. !! I can only publish comments anon?? (Paul´s Bods)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd...I´m logged into my Blog....and just had to log back into google to make the comment below.
      The world´s gone mad!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, the fickle world of blogger!

      Delete
  7. Anyway..the look fine. "Bashed around in the bag"...sounds like a phrase from a 70´s sitcom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. Great to see figures restored to former glory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking figures Ray especially since they are in a period which is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishing touches on these Ray, and the figures have come up beautifully. I'm not sure I'd like to be bashed around in the bag, but you have done them proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an easish start for the French force.

      Delete
  11. "C'est magnifique mon ami, bravo!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great timing and good luck on getting a bunch of figurers you wanted at a discounted price Ray - and as everyone has said, they have come up looking very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often pick up a bargain like this one......wish I did!

      Delete
  13. Nice work on these mate. Nice timing all round!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everybody needs a little TLC and luck now and then. Nice job bringing these guys back to the table. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yhety're very nic eand well touched up, but can't see how you're going t fit these into Donnybrook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not using Donnybrook but you never know?

      Delete