Monday 13 December 2021

Broadside 2021 - The Games

 


Part 2 of my Broadside 2021 posts, I took quite a few photos that I wanted to share, so thought it best to split the post in two.


Our brother in arms Real Time Wargames -The Year of Liberty, 10mm Irish Rebellion 1798


I asked the guys where they got the fort from, "Its not a fort, its a walled city" was the answer.
And so it is!


Its made from bits and pieces of different makes, but looks brilliant IMHO








Not sure who these guys were?















You will be Home Before the Leaves Fall, WW1 - Shepway Wargames Club
What's not to love about this game?

















Not sure who?



Battle for Medway 1067, Norman Invasion - Skirmish Wargames Club















Postie gets in on the act! Had a chat to blogger Matt, in the foreground, take a look at his blog Waterloo to Mons






The Rejects at play










Was voted Best Game at the Show
















Debris of War
15mm North African tents anyone?

Somehow I missed getting photos of Milton Hundred's Lion Rampant game???
Sorry chaps!

What a great show that was, I can't wait for next years show!

On the way out I realised that we missed having a Posties Rejects group shot, so we took a pic in the carpark, all looking knackered and worn out.




I didn't get a great deal of time to buy anything, but I did pick up a pack of ruins from Debris of War


and some Dressed Stone Walls, from the Bring & Buy, I think they're from Frontline Wargaming?

So that's Broadside done for another year!


35 comments:

  1. A lot of great looking games, Ray! Thanks for the show recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking games, Ray! Thanks for posting; I do like the WW1 game you started the photos with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray, thanks for all the pics - enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these diversified and gorgeous tables, the WW1 game is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look great. Nit sure why it didn't win. Best at show?

      Delete
  5. looks like a great day. i know you took a lot of photos but you didn't have to post them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite mixed bag of the ood the bad and the ugly ther imho, but nevertheless great eye-candy all round; I;d have given the Vietnam game top spot.
    On your group shot, why has Postie got two slats growing out of his head ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing Ray! I like "the walled city" but also that labyrinth game. It reminds me on a boardgame we played with the kids when they were young, the enchanting labyrinth.
    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great range of beautiful looking games there Ray..thanks for all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super photos, some cracking looking games on show, the WW1 game looked awesome, some set up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great variety of games there Keith, and nicely documented by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I meant Ray of course - I was busy reading Keith's comment above while I was typing. I'm off to get my first coffee of the day now!).

      Delete
    2. LOL, Thank you Donnie, I mean Lawrence! Your first Coffee of the day, and I'm off to bed!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the tour!! Highly inspirational and great pictures!
    I really love the big Castle on the first pictures. I' m really considering turn to terrain builder....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cracking pictures of the tables Ray, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just got around to reading your report on the convention. Great post, you got inspired to start working on my Baron's War minatures.

    ReplyDelete