Tuesday 26 April 2022

AHPC12 - Donnybrook - Polish Guard Haiduks

 


Its not long to go, I can't believe its gonna be the end of the Challenge soon, (its already ended, I'm just behind on my posts!) where did the time go? 
For this entry I'm posting my last unit for my Polish/Imperialist army for the siege of Vienna in 1683,


Here we have the 8 figure Guard Haiduk regt, along with a commander and two standard bearers.


All figures are from The Assault Group, apart from the Commander on the left, he's a figure from Essex Miniatures. You may notice the lack of muskets?
Who needs a gun when you can have a massive chopper?

The Guards carried halberds instead.


Rear pic, just encase I only painted the front of the figures.


The flag on the right comes from the same source as I've previously copied in and the flag on the left is from Alex Pil's flag site that I can't find anymore?

11 figures @5pts

55 points!

30 comments:

  1. The eagle must stay, no sleep.

    Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commander looks bold. And those are some damned big flags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flag creep, I blame Barry for this🤪

      Delete
    2. Everything's Barry's fault on this blog.

      Delete
  3. They do look lovely! And these new comment boxes Blogger just gave us today are horrid and do not go well with some of the web browsers. In order to comment I now have to close all Firefox protection to be able to comment :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big flags and big choppers! Really cool and interesting looking unit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work again, they are a nice looking unit, the commander is a cracking figure and the flags set the unit off really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautifully done Haiduks Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely toys Ray…
    I like the flags… what is it the hipsters say… go big or go home😁…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who needs a musket when you're armed with a berdische axe? Bad dudes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are extremely large flags ray - I would not want to be trying to control that on a windy day! Lovely paint work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another interesting unit with a grumpy or maybe vexed looking c.o. Looking forward to the final positions in the competition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All will be revealed in a few posts time, Joe.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful looking figures and flags. Makes me want to take mine out and have a game.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Poles, Ray. I love their exotic look, as well as Ottomans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job Ray. I'd be curious to see what those enormous flags have done to the centre of gravity of the standard bearers. I love BIG flags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given them strong stomach muscles I'd guess?

      Delete
  14. Wow that are some hugh flags! Great painted figures.

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete