Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Retreat from Moscow - 25mm More French Wagons!


Here are my next 2 French wagons for my Retreat from Moscow wagon train.


Both carts are from Warbases, the left is their Hay Cart, the right is their Turnip cart, the horses are from Redoubt Enterprises.


The wagons have nowhere for a driver to sit, so I bought some Redoubt Enterprises French wagons leaders. I chose not to winterize these poor freezing chaps. The reason why was quite simple.....I'd ran out of greenstuff!

I've bought more of the green gold so may add a cloak to the figures.....but probably won't!

38 comments:

  1. Two more fine looking wagons, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection of figures for this project gry increasingly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe, I must admit its getting way out of hand!!!

      Delete
  3. This is quite a wagon train you're building up Ray. They look like great additions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice additions. Can't imagine every poor frozen Frenchie managed to come by a spare blanket, so I think the uniforms work. Looks like you painted "gloves" on anyhow so that'll do them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. The poor chaps must be frozen with no cape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gloves will keep them going, I'm sure of it?

      Delete
  6. Ah! I see what your plan is. No matter that Russians capture a wagon or two you still have ten times that to replace them. Very cunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Ray. Very chilly looking. I hope it is helping you cool down from all the hot weather you have had recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Ben, we're melting over here, us Brits just can't take it! LOL!

      Delete
    2. I thought it was "mad dogs and Englishmen" weather. You'll be fine 😂

      Delete
  8. Great additions to your wagon train Ray, very nice work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ray,

    Another cracking pair of additions!

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb job Ray, you are really nailing the winter effects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent pair of wagons, Ive got the hay wagon,its a nice little model I think?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great little model, useful for all kinds of periods.

      Delete
  12. Yes, you now master the winter effects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look just right for the cold weather and then that splash of blue just lifts them off the page - excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great additions there Ray:).

    ReplyDelete