Monday 4 June 2012

NYW/Jacobite Flags - Earl of Tyrconnel's Horse



Not a lot I can say about these flags, that I haven't said already in my previous post. The flags are my interpretation of the flags of the Jacobite Horse regiment of Richard Talbot, the Earl, later Duke of Tyconnel. The symbol on the flag is that of the Earl of Tyrconnel so its a reasonable guess as to what the flags looked like.??

It's 2 am and I'm sitting typing this post at work with my new work partner, Fran, The Angry Lurker. Poor lads not that Angry tonight. Its his first night shift in about 3 years, so he's feeling the pain, I had to pass him some tissue to wipe the dribble from his chin! The betting's still on to see if he falls asleep, only another 4 hours to go!!!



25 comments:

  1. cool flag! Have fun at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have my pillow back you drooling halfwit, nice work but then again I am only 5 feet away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more flags... soon there will be enough for a new UN

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Drowsy Lurker? That's a cracking flag Ray, what program do you use to make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just MS Paint, I do need to try a better programme though, I've just downloaded Gimp,(sounds dodgy I know!) So I'll be trying that soon.

      Delete
  5. Ray, your adoring public continues to demand a tutorial . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww....enjoy your Sleepy Lurker!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and regal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah a tutorial would be great

    So does the Angry one snore ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nights obviously suit you, three posts in one night!!!

    Oh and yes nice flags

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice flags.. and interesting that you did them in Paint also.. GIMP is a good program.. looking forward to seeing what you can do there..

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL @ 'Drowsy Lurker' Nice flag Ray enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice flags!!!
    if some guys say otherwise: kill them !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, so, after Sam's post, I would say "nice flag!"...and good sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done and best of luck with the nightshift. It sounds like the premise to a horror movie; two start but only one finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now if you were to change the cross to a flagon of beer it would make a fine flag for my Dwarf Army!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure you guys enjoyed each others company a bit too much..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever use of that software Ray. I echos others thoughts on a tutorial...

    ReplyDelete