Thursday 26 February 2015

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge - Donnybrook Brawl. Comedic Bonus Round.



This was the only bonus round that I actually had a plan for from the start,  Originally it was going to be a bit smaller, only having the Dixon figures - Tavern Brawl, but I got a bit carried away adding figures and various bits and bobs of scenery to add to the effect.

So if you haven't already voted in the Comedic round, get on over and cast your vote, here.  There are some great entries once again!!!

Setting the scene....
Welcome to Ye Old White Hart, a quaint old English pub circa 1685, just outside of Norton St Philips, during the Monmouth Rebellion.


Curt and Sarah Campbell the proprietors of this most English of Public Houses. And their moggy Millsy...



Privates Dave Docherty and Alan Dearn have nipped out of camp, to the local village pub, for a few swift halves and a bit of tickle with the local lasses.


But they obviously haven't noticed a rather stern looking Sgt Willey eyeing their disgraceful behavior! Not only boozing but fraternizing with the locals?? Mayor Scott Bowman also looks on disgusted by dirty the goings on, and wishing that was him with that dirty girl Daisy on his shoulder. Millsy manages to get in the pic as well!


And talking of dirty goings on, look at those two on the floor, fighting it out, pulling each others hair and sticking fingers up each others noses. Even though she's on the bottom Tamsin seems to getting the better of that bad Irish lass Anne, who pinched her drop of Farmer Awdry's Best Ale.

But you've gotta feel sorry for Private Docherty, he's thinks he's off for some fun and frolics with Daisy, she's not best pleased by the look of things, but nor will he when he finds out that Daisy is infact the local rebel leader Clint Burnett in disguise!!!



And here are a few close ups of the figures
Dixons, SHQ & Can't remember


Dixons & Depot Battalion


SHQ - The only figure not named, only because I forgot to add the details in my email to Curt.
This is infact the son of Curt and Sarah, he's a strong lad with strawberry blonde hair, but the poor chap hasn't got a lot upstairs??
 You could say he's pretty thick.................and his name's Francis!


Parkfield Miniatures


 Dixons


And Dixons!


The Bar is from Irregular Miniatures



The figures are a mixture of Dixon, SHQ, Parkfield, Col Bill's Depot Battalion and a few others I can't remember??? As previously stated.
I've gone for the practical approach for this entry, Instead of my usual long winded painting style, I thought I'd try something a bit more simple otherwise I'd never get the damn things started let alone finish them.
I block painted them and slapped on some ink....easy! They're not the best I've ever painted or the worst, before anyone else says it!



46 comments:

  1. The bar-keep (Curt ?), reminds me of someone, just can't put my finger on who. Great fun piece Ray and will make great eye-candy for any future tavern brawls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bar scene is awesome! Good choices on figures. Well done, Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly I have the legs for that particular disguise!

    Very clever and very nice to see so many bloggers in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, its only because you shave them.........

      Delete
  4. Great modeling and fun. And Sir Francis looks okay in lace, and a feather in his hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Named him Francis. You're terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought someone was missing in that bunch - the big fella!

    A great fun piece Ray :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, In my eagerness to post the entry off I forgot Fran, now how on earth, can you forget Fran??

      Delete
  7. How times have changed... or not :) Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few of these on a Friday night out on the tiles!

      Delete
  8. Great stuff Ray! More like you got bits and boobs of scenery with the wench fight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good! I like the associate with the characters to persons of the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, I thought it'd add to the scene and make it comical??

      Delete
  10. I loved this Ray.. And the time taken to wind ones fellow bloggers up! .. You got my vote !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a chance to give a few bloggers a dig in the ribs, how could I resist???

      Delete
  11. Splendid vignette, Ray. I think getting carried away is par for the course with tavern brawls - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely job Ray! Ah, bar brawls, reminds me of my mispent youth.
    You really must be missing Fran dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who?? who is this Fran person??? The eejit is being missed.

      Delete
  13. Great concept Ray, loved it! Thanks for humorous inclusion :) And a good good heads up on some interesting figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs Scott, glad you enjoyed your little part.

      Delete
  14. Great looking and creative vignette, Ray! Some of those figures are quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they could be used for various other periods, that's for sure.

      Delete
  15. This is wonderful Ray I'm surprised they aren't fighting over you Ray. Adding the bloggers names really makes this special.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did consider adding my name, but thought it'd be better taking the mick out of others???

      Delete
  16. Great painting work for a very good scene !
    I really * love it !

    (*it don't means that I don't "really" like other stuff ! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a brilliant entry Ray. I do so hope it gets into the top three.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hum, hum...very...atmospheric! Another beer please, this scene makes me thirsty...excellent Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great entry Ray! Very well done and quite funny!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a fantastic entry Ray! Extremely well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stuff! I love the cat fight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great idea for a figure, well done Dixons!

      Delete
  22. That's a really fun looking entry Ray. I've always been a bit curious about the Donnybrook rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really y're a great set of rules, they're quite simple and really work well.

      Delete