Tuesday 6 November 2012

RP No 99 WSS Generals


No 99 on the recently painted blog posts, I actually painted these a good couple of weeks ago and have been busy painting more NYW figures for myself and other bits and bobs for Ebay.
These 3 fine looking fellows are from Black Hat's WSS range, I originally bought these for myself, I was going to do a little conversion work on them and use them for the NYW, but in the end I couldn't be bothered as I had tons of the blighters already. So these were painted up pretty generically, they could be used for French, German or any of the countries involved in the War of the Spanish Succession as Generals seemed to where what they wanted too. Hopefully they will end up in somebody else's collection!
The pics aren't the best, but you get the gist....I hope!
To view them on Ebay click this link. here
I know most of you reading this paint your own figures, but if your interested in me painting some of your figures just drop me a line.

Ray





52 comments:

  1. Nice work on them.. and oooo you paint others models? Never knew ;)

    Hope some others get the subtle hint, and send you some work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fine job Sir, best of luck with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Ray. I like the red cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great. I really like the rocky bases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good mate. Up to your usual high standards. I even like they greyness of the bases they contrast well with the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Ray !

    best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really nice work with these gentlemen, Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool looking Generals, Ray.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work on those generals Ray, painting and basing!
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, i prefer the last one, without his hat !

    ReplyDelete
  11. The generals look very dignified and safe behind the front line of battle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fine work as usual Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely painting on nice sculptures. Again, I love that backdrop - conveys the whole period. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job! Is it wrong I'm in awe of the grass?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good looking generals, hope they do well for you. Hope you also get some work from yourpost. You should do, you paint well and paint fast so your a good option for those wanting something painted.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful painted figures and great bases!
    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice work ray... its been ages sice I commented here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice paint-job. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another good batch. Well painted generals make an army look good on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You just keep churning them out Ray! Nicely done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice Ray. I really like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great paintjob of the generals there Ray

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent painted and based figures Ray!

    You paint all sorts? I don't believe you! Scale 1/1, bodypainting? :-D

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know peter!!!! Hope your not volunteering!!!

      Delete
    2. No I'm not volunteering! I don't want to give you nightmares!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

      Delete
  24. Nice generals -- I always like these type of personality figures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tasty looking work Ray. 100 points.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The head of the army....even though sometimes they acted as the head below...senseless!
    Nice painting Ray! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ray, great looking figs! I really like your backdrop scenery too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great figures and the basing really set them off.

    ReplyDelete