Wednesday 21 November 2012

RP No 104 28mm Gripping Beast Viking & Jomviking Warlords - For sale


Another two items up for sale on ebay at the moment, these figures are from Gripping Beast from their Saga range. Both these figures nearly ended thrown out of the window, in a tantrum  I was not a happy chappie. I'll start he first figure, the Viking Warlord, the base of the figure was quite distorted and the figure wouldn't stand up, so out came the knife and the pliers. As a very carefully started to bend the base straight, plop! the figure broke off at the ankle! Queue lots of swearing and ranting and lots of superglue.
So I moved onto the next figure the Jomviking Warlord, I took it out of the box and started to clean the tiny bits of flash off the base....hang on a minute? where's his sword? The quick answer was still in the damned blister pack, well half of it anyway!!! Queue more ranting and raving and laughter from the Irish git in the corner.
So the next day I shoved the figure on figure fixer extraordinaire  Posties lap with an in-ordable grunt, the next day he gave the figure back the broken sword had been replaced with a fine looking axe, very nice!
So you'd think that was the end of the story but no! I'd just finished painting the Jomviking up. all he needed was a couple of coats of varnish, I picked him up to varnish him and he fell out of my hand and landed on the other axe bending it right over, I cannot repeat what I said, but I bet you can guess? I gingerly bent the axe back over, the paint cracked all over the handle then snapped off...........
Anyway, he's all fixed now.
They're both up for sale on ebay,  superglue and new weapons an' all!!!
Here's the links.

Viking Warlord link
Jomviking Warlord link

Viking Warlord
Jomviking Warlord

44 comments:

  1. Nice figures Ray. I am confident they will sell for a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done good luck with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking terrific and fantastic...good luck, I'm really confident for you!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paintjob there Ray. Whats happened the the black background it has gone all white

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gone away for a while, it maybe back one day??

      Delete
    2. It's winter camouflage . . .

      Delete
  5. Well done, and tempting as I continue to ponder getting into Saga. Like I need something new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these Ray, particularly the basing details; best of luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Ray and good luck on the sale!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Ray...great job on these bad-boys. The bases add a lot to the overall appeal of the figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure whether to base them up or not, as I was going to sell them, but they do look more appealing I believe?

      Delete
  9. Nice paint job. Who did them for you? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't let that loser touch 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fixed and looking great!
    Don't you hate that when the damn figures break?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Jomsviking guys is cool! Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both figures look great and the basing detail really adds to the looks and hopefully the value

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. f.....y awesome work there Ray. Nice painting.
    Nice blog also, is it new?? Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Thanos, its been around the block a few times, much like me!

      Delete
  16. I like em. Perfect for the theme, but I don't play that era (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ray- they are tasty indeed but you resally do need a few Drabant to posh them up !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know Andy, they are quite nice looking figures!!

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. One more time, without the typos. The lead to your eBay ad should say "Battle hardened."

    I like the new look of your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keep knocking out the 28mm Ray, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like your blog makeover Rayolla!! Oh such tales of woe to be hearing from a grown man!! These chaps look good though, they turned out just fine and I'm enjoying seeing you paint these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its like a bright, sun shiny day over here now!! And I find it hard to believe that you have temper tantrums. ;) So, I thought they looked so cool that I went over to ebay and had a look. For real! I was just there. Keep it up and I just might buy one!!

    ReplyDelete