Friday 20 January 2023

AHPC13 - The Artillery - 2mm Almansa 1707

 


I was waiting for some figures to dry, so I could base them, so I thought I'd give some of the artillery needed for the battle a quick lick of paint.Somehow I ended up painting it all!
So here we have 10 bases, giving me 20 pieces of Portuguese artillery.


I looked high and low for what colour the guns should be, but couldn't find anything, so I went with natural wood.


With grey artillerymen


Next up we have the Spanish. 6 bases giving me 12 artillery


Blue guns and a dark blue uniform, can you see the red cuffs?
Me neither, coz I didn't paint them!!



Not sure why the French artillery look brown in this pic, they are red.
5 bases, giving me 10 artillery


Can you spot the deliberate mistake?


You might see it here better?
Answers on a postcard to..........


Lastly 3 bases of 6 English guns. 


So that my friends, is both sides artillery for the Battle of Almansa


24 bases @ 2.5 points each
Total 60 pts

20 comments:

  1. Quite an artillery park! So, why did you base one of the limbers wrong way around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still so tiny! Impressed you can paint them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most impressive and when deployed I have to admit they look quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oddmanout limber is very brave and is rushing to the fight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very impressive array of artillery Ray, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done Ray. Perhaps the errant limber has forgotten their lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Ray. You can have an artillery duel now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a heck of a lotof guns and limbers (unsurprigly at this scale !)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of guns. A surprising amount of detail for 2mm figures. They look spiffing old chap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am disappointed about the lack of red cuffs Ray - personally, I would dock you 25% of your challenge points for that one! As for the limber, well, we all make mistakes - just look at my last two posts re the 2eme Lanciers de la Ligne.....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do apologise Keith. I shall paint them on in the next batch.

      Delete