Thursday 12 January 2023

AHPC13 - Black & White Bonus Round - Rude Grey Alien 25mm


I had an emergency trip to Gravesend Model Centre the other day to see if they had some 1mm or 2mm flock for my Almansa project which luckily they did! I saw this chap on the shelf and thought he'd be an easy greyscale figure, as he's a Grey Alien.......

 

Black & White: Paint something in grey-scale, with black and white being your colours of choice. Reconjure the elegance of the silver screen!


My Rude Grey Alien is from Wargamesculpter Miniatures.


I know greyscale means grey, but I had to put a little colour on the figures as I just gave him a succession of light grey drybrushes. So I gave him green eyes and also painted his cigar!


You can just see the orange tip of the cigar in this pic.
He's not my best work and if I'm being honest, he's not the best figure in the world either, but I quite like him, he will unfortunately be put in the draw of doom, never to see the light of day again. Unless one of you fine readers wants him that is??? Drop me a line?

So my Rude Grey Alien will earn me 5 pts for the figure
and 20 bonus points




18 comments:

  1. Good way to grab the bonus points Ray! I recently saw someone else who had used the same sort of technique to paint WWII miniatures (I think) intended for use in a " night time only" game....it's quite effective isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my eye, your alien sculpt has a bit of charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Ray. He's doubly rude because he's not wearing trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cheeky couple of extra points ;-)

    ReplyDelete