Wednesday 17 May 2023

Almansa 1707 - 2mm English - Wade's Brigade

 

Here we have another brigade for the Battle of Almansa in 1707. All figures are once again from the fab Irregular Miniatures 2mm range.



Wad'es brigade consisted of 4 English regiments of foot.
Mountjoy's, Blood's, Southwell's and Wade's own regiment.


Wade's fought in the first line of the left flank under General Tyrawley. You can see their position in the map above.


All flags are best guesses at what flag the units would have carried, at the time of the battle and are made on Microsoft Paint. 


19 comments:

  1. More nice work on the ever-expanding Almansa collection, Ray. I wonder if this Wade is the General Wade who constructed all the military roads etc through the highlands in the aftermath of the 1715 Jacobite Rising?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fine work Ray. How are the eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly going boss- eyed!
      Thank gawd I have my magnifying glasses, I wouldn't be able to see them without them.

      Delete
  3. They are really packed in there! Yes, how are the eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking like Marty Feldman more each day!

      Delete
  4. I could tell they were English as soon as I saw them. Great work Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see some redcoats hit the table,they look grand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice troops - definitely look like British!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the look of these! Well done, Ray!

    ReplyDelete