I started sorting out a few of my boxes of figures in my new Redoubt, when I came across this poor chap.
I mean what the hell has happened to him?
Its as though the figure has burst?
And what's even stranger is the figure and base are wet and sticky?
Has anyone else seen or heard of this worrying problem. Are we gonna see all 3D printed figures blow up like this?
Any ideas anyone?



Yes, I've read of similar happening to 3D printed WW2 tanks over on the LAF's General Wargames and Hobby Discussion board. I'm no expert and can't remember what was said, but such as this has happened to a number of other people. [Sorry I can't be of better help.]
ReplyDeletehttps://www.leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=150162.0 "3d printed tank exploded"
DeleteThe resin hasn't cured correctly, the outside is solid but the inside is not curing and expanding.
ReplyDeleteHad this happen to a armoured car I had 3d printed, it's something to do with the resin not curing properly
ReplyDeleteOh, what a hell? 😮
ReplyDeleteMany years ago I worked for Mr Kipling and there was a story from the 1970s where they sold some spoiled syrup to a cattle darmer, it had fermented. He fed it to his cows on one of the actually exploded
ReplyDeleteAnother reason not to rush into this new tangled printing lark👴🏻
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of this before nor suspected it could be an issue. Something like this would have me checking my figures on a daily basis, although I suppose they would have to be hollow for this to happen.
ReplyDeleteYou know, not many people can say that...
ReplyDeleteI'll check with my friend who has 3D printed hundreds of things.
I think he's bloated from eating bad feed!
ReplyDelete