Tuesday 8 February 2011

Recently painted No13 NYW Generals William III and Graaf van Waldeck

Some more recently painted figures for your perusal, and these are mine for a change! In this post are 2 command stands for my Allied Nine Years War army, my main commander is William III,  I had a spare standard bearer, so I thought he'd look good on William's base, but then I had the trouble of what flag to use on the base. In the end I used the Royal Coat of Arms, with the Coat of arms for the House of Orange added, It's probably incorrect but looks fine to me!! The figures are 15mm Essex, and the lovely round bases are from Warbases, a link to both of these companies can be found on my Links list at the bottom left of my blog page.

The second command base is for George Frederik Graf van Waldeck-Pymont, who commanded the allied army in Flanders whilst William was somewhat busy in Ireland. Waldeck and his trumpetor are painted up in the colours of his cavalry regiment at the time. The horses are Essex, but the men are from Donnington Miniatures, "Link". I bought several officer figures at a show last year, but found when horsed they  towered over the Essex figures, so with a little cutting and scrapping I mounted them on Essex horses and they match quite well.








6 comments:

  1. I'm liking the flag carrier! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! and The 6mm army is bloody amazing...I think my eyes would have gone into early retirement if i were to paint all those.
    (this message is written in work time using the companies computer...:-D
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cracking Ray and the flag definately makes the main command base stand out (may borrow your idea for 1 of my own command bases).
    awe ra best
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little diorama type command base.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete