Tuesday 15 April 2014

Salute 2014 - The Pics


First off we have the Bloggers pic pinched from Carl's blog, with a few more names added in!
Apologies if you were eating your dinner!
The Blogger meet up was a great success, and it was great to put faces to names old and new!

There were some great looking games at the show, but like others have said, there were some
not so very good looking games as well!!!
Looking through other bloggers posts, I've noticed I missed out a lot of games, I thought I had most, but there you go.....
Some of the games at the show clearly had what the game was and who the club actually were. I wish everyone did that!!! grrr!
And what was it with the terrible light in that place, my eyes were killing me!
Anyway on with the show...


HRH Postie and the God awful queue to get in.....


Keep walking, the back off the queue's over there??


The Battle of Arklow 1798 -  Wargames Illustrated






Hornchurch Wargames Club -???




Maidstone Wargames Society - WW1 Little Belgium



Red Eagle Miniatures




Battle of the Marne 1914 Chateau-Thierry
Think by Wyvern Wargames??




Gaming Network Club, Take the Guns - Band of Brothers



Peterborough Wargames Club - Dead's Army Weird WWII



Crush the Kaiser




Frothers Unite - UK . Dune - The Spice must Flow




Shadow Warriors - Wings of Glory Participation Game



Essex Warriors - Weird WWII






RedStar Miniatures - Dien Bien Phu





Battle of Thermopylae - War and Conquest






Jersey Privateers Games Club - The D-Day Dodgers
My Game of the Show!








Not sure if this was
South London Warlords - Holy Land
or
Gripping Beast/Studio Tomahawk
Damn fine looking game though!






Captain Games - Napoleonic Battles





Warlords - The Battle of  Barbastro 1837







WSS Magazine & Simon Miller -  C-Day, Caesar's Invasion of Britain




John feat Dave - Trebbia 218 BC









Red Planet - Last Flight to New Victoria





Knights Tournament??



Newark Irregulars - The Battle of Keren 1941










Oshiro Model Terrain - Battle of the Castle Walls






Oxford Wargames Society - Action at Longlier 1914




Carl and Mrs Carl playing Ronin.
Mrs Carl doesn't looked impressed???


Abbeywood Irregulars - Mission Command WWII



82 comments:

  1. Great photos of the games there.. good to meet you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great displays! Really dig the Dune one.
    That's one heck of a queue...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of pictures, well at least the ones showing tabletops anyway ;-) I have attending Salute high on the top of the bucket-list, maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good; you forgot the Crossfire participation games though, Ray ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics.
    And that is indeed a queue !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was only half the queue I couldn't get it all in the pic!!!

      Delete
  6. Red Planet is my favourite. I like to look at the buildings on the tables the most as I don't get to see buildings all together like that in real life. Thanks for the pics Ray!

    Hey, did you get any of the fudge or did Fran beat you to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps forgot to mention Clint's Fudge!! Yes I got a little packet of my own before greedy guts could get his hands on it!!! the Red Planet game is not really my thing, but I had to include it, it looked so cool!

      Delete
  7. Nice one mate. You were busier with the camera than I was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for adding more names to faces on the blog meet pic. I'll update mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs Carl, thanks for the use of the original!

      Delete
  9. Sorry I missed you all...having lunch with an ex-girlfriend marathon runner! Really excellent pictures despite the awful light!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pics Ray,
    So much there, I don't even remember half of those games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen loads of games on other blogs I never even glimpsed let alone took any pics of them???

      Delete
  11. Nice. You're the first person other than me with photos of our game, I think :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great looking games for sure, but I must admit I always really enjoy James Oshiro Model Terrain set ups in particular.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff Ray hopefully get down there one year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best blog post photo gallery of Salute 2014 I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics mate. Looks like you had a top time. Good to see the blogging fraternity out in force too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! There were quite a few more Bloggers who turned up but missed the photo.

      Delete
  16. Lot's of nice photo's Ray.
    Some very good looking games. Top job sir.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic pictures, there is so much talent in this hobby of ours. And I love the first photo as it helps me place faces with blogs! Thanks Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll be in a Salute pic one day Monty??

      Delete
  18. Ray, thanks for snapping photos of the multitude of terrific looking displays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Impressive games - and a veritable who's who of bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Pictures Ray! nice bloggers lineup :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lot of eye candy, I am guessing you left out the iffy games then?

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed loads of games and lots of pictures were unusable including loads from a great looking ACW game and D Day game :0(

      Delete
  22. Nice comprehensive look at most of the games Ray- Kudos for making it around with the old camera.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I couldn't make it this year so thanks for sharing Ray. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great piccys, Always nice to put faces to names/bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice photos Ray! Nice to meet you as well, even though it was very briefly.

    I do agree about the lighting in the hall not being very good. For me it made it hard to see some of the traders' displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure to meet you Jonas!!! I could hardly see as well!!

      Delete
  26. Nice piccies. Some very nice tables there with a lot of effort put into them. Good to see. Nice to see some of the faces behind the blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice pics. Was great to see you and the others again. The queue was nearly as long as the one in front of the coffee store....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Great to have a chat again Markus. Hope you've recovered from the mammoth journey!!

      Delete
  28. Great photo report Ray! Some wonderful looking games !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic pictures Ray, thanks for sharing this event!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's just as good as being there Ray.

    Perhaps even better since I did not have to queue up!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice pics Ray. The lighting was definitely crap - it took my eyes a while to adjust and I think it was why I found myself feeling drained a lot quicker than the last two years.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Some fine looking games there, you must have missed the dross that others have spotted.
    I really like the group shot too, but is Postie the wrong scale ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posties 10mm to my 25! Even with his high heel shoes on!

      Delete
  33. Was great to catch up though, even if it was brief!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What fun!!!! I'm jealous again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would love a big old blogfest where I could meet everyone!! And you kinda get to do that a lot! So jealous me!!

      Delete
  35. Tim and I were just looking at the group photo and he noticed the question mark dude.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Good to see you again Ray! Great pictures and agree on the lighting. Terrible, need to bring a flashlight next time

    ReplyDelete
  38. There's some amazing boards on there, I love the detail! Looks like you had a great bit of fun, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great AAR from Salute; thank you a lot. This show is better and better with every year!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks like I missed a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looks great! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete