Last Friday my good friend, (cough!!), Fran, The Angry Lurker, nominated my good self for a "I Love this blog", award. Mr Lurker falsely claimed that he only gave me the award so he could guarantee himself a lift to Salute on Sunday. In secret he told me, and I quote, "Ray, I know your blog is better than mine, I feel awful that you didn't get this award before me, like you should have done, everybody should realise this fact, but please don't tell anyone what I said I'm so embarressed".
Yes I was as shocked as you!! I very luckily had a tape recorder in my pocket at the time and recorded Fran's plea, so if anyone wants a copy, please email me and I'll send it to you, it's a bit muffled as he was close to tears, and you may not understand him very well, with his ginger Oirish accent.
Anyway, thank you Francis for nominating me!!
The rules of the award are I have to share 10 unknown facts about myself with you and also nominate a blog which I like. So I would like to nominate, Mekelnborg's blog, it's a mix of wargaming, chess and good conversation. I don't know too much about the chap himself, apart from he's from Illinois in the US. He always comments on my posts and loves stripy T-shirts!!
Now my 10 facts about myself, you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to think of 10 things without giving away too much and trying not to lie, so here goes,
- I used to play American Football position right guard.
- My team Barracuda reached the national division 1 championship final wayback in 1989, we lost to Barnsley Bears.
- I started wargaming in 1991, at first I thought it was crap! (boo!, hiss!)
- I am afraid of heights.
- I get travel sick, very easily!!!
- I love bacon.
- I was a teddy boy in a past life.
- I am related to the original Marquess of Queensbury, the Duke of Buccleuch.
- I've only broken one bone, my left ring finger.
- I have never been hit by a bus!!!
Thanks for visiting!!