Thursday 8 February 2018

AHPC8 - The Return of the Bloody Pig


Back in 2016, I won a prize draw over on Edwin's blog "Thoughts of a Depressive Diplomatist" 
My prize was a £10 voucher to spend at Bad Sqiddo Games!!


Here's a pic taken from the post Bloody Pig, that crops up in my Top 10 very often. They must
be a popular item to buy over at Bad Sqibbo.


I've been wanting to paint these little piggies for a while now, so i took the
plunge and put paint to brush. These are a pack from Ristul's Extraordinary Market, sold 
by Bad Squibbo Games in the UK for just £10.50.


The set includes 10 Pigs of various sizes. 1 large, 4 medium & 5 Piglets


Also included are 6 pieces of resin Farmyard terrain.


They're all based on various sized Warbases MDF bases.


My fav little piggy......rolling in the mud!
In reality the pigs are Fantasy based, but I've based the paint scheme on Berkshire pigs. 
one of the oldest breeds in England.




31 comments:

  1. What an awesome set. Nice job Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough talk about Donnybrook, lets see a game. Seems to take you forever to get this game out there. I feel I have waited at least 3 years probably longer.

    Having said that they are nice and do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cracking set of figures and scenery! Porktastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berkshire pigs are black - didn't know that. Smart move and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks brilliant Ray. To echo Clint, when do we see a Donnybrook game?! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had 1 game, the epic Teviots last stand, here's a link..
      http://onelover-ray.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/broadside-2016-donnybrook-teviots-last.html

      Delete
    2. Funnily enough, that's always the game report that I think of when seeing a new post of yours on a blogger list. Tbh, I'd forgotten it was Donnybrook rules you'd used. Doh!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhhhhhh...only if they could fly.
    Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, yet another force ready for the "pigs Revolt" scenario for Donnybrooke?
    They and the farm 'scatter' look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I'm sure they're gonna be trouble.

      Delete
  8. Scary things pigs! Cute when they're small but a bit fierce when they're bigger....tasty though....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diversified and superb, love the pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well that is just about the cutest painting set of figurines I've seen ever on Blogger!

    ReplyDelete