Tuesday 11 December 2018

AHPC IX




It's that time of year once again, when 84 Bloggers and painters slug it out in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.  This year is the 9th and I'm looking forward to it as much as I did the previous 7 I've entered.

I'm very pleased to see a few pals who've missed the last few Challenges, including my old dueling pardner Fran 

I've entered a Renaissance Paint Duel and challenged all the Rejects and all the bloggers who've visited Reject HQ, Curt, Miles, Tamsin and Christopher S to a duel. I hope they all enter? Miles or Tamsin will win but hey ho!

This years Bonus rounds are pretty challenging themselves once again.

Reconnaissance - Sat 5th Jan
Sport - Sat 19th Jan
Mercenary - Sat 5th Feb
Water feature - Sat 16th Feb
Fellowship - Sat 2nd March

I think I've got 3 covered without too much of a problem and I'm sure I've a few LotR figures laying around somewhere?? But Sport? Sport? I think this'll have to something a tad cryptic.

Anyway. I've been busy finishing off a few bits that are clogging up my painting table, while trying to undercoat as much as I can, ready for the onslaught on the 21st December!

Good luck to one and all.........apart from Fran of course!

35 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this enormously :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I dig seeing what everyone paints. Sport could be archery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you, Ray! Having Fran back in the fray is good for the whole event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I have been thinking of doing some Renaissance, but I'm worthless at winning duels as I tend to paint glacially plus I'm not sure if I want to do it in 15mm or 28mm.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prepping as we speak, big push on the Italian Wars for me, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preparation hasn't exactly been running at a fever pitch down my way. No duels for me, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ray - I've just got around to commenting on the duels post. Count me in for the Rejects duel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goor luck Ray (and all others participating) in the Challemge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I think you should sign up next year?

      Delete
  10. Looking eagerly to the 20th. I'll be wtaching with interest the Reject's Duel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gonna be either Miles or Tamsin who wins, but it'll still be fun.

      Delete
  11. Best of luck Ray. I feel like I have been waiting for the challenge to start for ages... nine months in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrible isn't it, getting excited by a painting comp????

      Delete
  12. Good luck Ray. Have fun mate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like some very interesting categories, Ray. Looking forward to the output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean, I think you should enter next year?

      Delete