Wednesday 28 November 2018

Flags of War Jacobite Rebellion 1745 Kickstarter


Back in July along with many other bods, I signed up for my first ever Kickstarter.
I've spoken to Iain many times and bought many of his great flags from Flags of War before and so have the other Rejects. So when he announced his foray into the '45 Rebellion, I was very tempted.
I have previously owed the 45 in both 15mm and 25mm, selling them both on to offers I couldn't refuse!! Both to Postie by the way, its about time he played a game with the buggers!!!

I have been collecting a few pre painted Highlanders from Redoubt minis, these have not yet made it to the blog. Of course the plan is to use these for another Donnybrook army, Killikrankie and the like, these figures will make a great addition to their ranks and I may well add a few redcoats and have a British army for the 45? You never know?

I pledged for Prestonpans package which included 6 packets of figures and 1 set of flags.
The box arrived yesterday afternoon, I did get the evil eye from the Mrs when I got in, I think she thought it was a Xmas pressie, but then looked at the box and realised I'd made a secret purchase, Doh!
So here's the figures......


Oooooo shiny..... 


Flags for Cameron's and McDonald's


And here's a pic of each individual bag.
I just love the figure Red Fox, second from left.


Luvvly!


Must buy more superglue


Love the poses especially the chap on the right.


Defo more glue needed


The Boss!


No, Thank you Iain

26 comments:

  1. That's very cool! I trust that means the Kickstarter campaign was a success?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it looks to be a great success. Ian's already planning more figures for the range.

      Delete
  2. Those are some very nice figures, Ray. Sculpting and poses look top-notch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Ray! I like what I've seen of this range, and am very tempted. get yourself a copy of Christopher Duffy's 1745.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already got that one and many many more like it.

      Delete
  4. Nice... and bad luck being caught with the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corking KS loot, Ray, and hopefully something we'll be seeing during the AHPC?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to get new things in the post, even if expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New shiny's in the post, what more can you want.

      Delete
  7. Very nice, I was very tempted by these but for once willpower won out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lovely! What a lot of tartan! Have fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. uh, oh, no dindins for you from the missus tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a similar package to mine - but I added a second command. I'm theming mine very loosely on the Atholl Brigade - currently thinking En Garde! or The Pikeman's Lament for gaming purposes given the small figure count (forlorn hopes aplenty I guess then!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great period and great figures, I look forward to seeing all that tartan.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete