Monday 18 February 2019

AHPC9 Donnybrook - Warfare Miniatures Militia




Surprise Surprise!!!
More Donnybrook shenanigans!!!
I bought these 50 Warfare Miniatures last year at The Other Partizan wargame show,
from Mr Beneath the Lily Banners Hilton himself. 


These are very multi-purpose figures and are something that were missing from
the late 1600's figure range. Dixon's and Reiver do have similar figures, but not in this many poses. And this is only the start, there will be more poses from Warfare minis!!


I mainly wanted these figure to use as Militia for Bacon's Rebellion or King Philips War in America,
but they will also be used as Rebels in the army of the Duke of Monmouth
at the Battle of Sedgemoor. And also they can be used for as either side in Ireland in the Boyne campaign.


There are 30 Musketeers and 20 Pikemen/Sythmen
I do have another 10 Pikemen to paint up, but I've only just bought some different 
weapons for them to hold, hopefully they'll be painted during the Challenge???


These 50 x 25mm figures earned me a very nice 250 points to add to my tally.


Which at the moment stands at 1309 points!
I had given myself a quite modest target of 1200 points this year, but 
I've got my mojo working at the moment, its just like the old days.
I can't seem to put the brush down. Which is getting the dreaded lead pile down
ever so slightly!


You too can buy these great figures from Warfare Miniatures, to add to your collections, or maybe even start a new one????   just click this link


I kept the palette very basic, keeping mostly to various shades of grey and brown
with the odd splash of colour here and there.


Once again I used the inking method on these figures, I think it worked perfectly, especially
 on the apostles and lighter coloured shirts.


And to finish a few pics of the back of the figures





44 comments:

  1. My god sir you have been busy. And looking fine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, the mojo is well and truly running!

      Delete
  2. A very versatile force as you and I do like the muted colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they're militia, I thought muted colours would work best.

      Delete
  3. Really nice, Ray! Those are my fav Warfare Miniatures sculpts ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice Jose, and they're so easy to paint up too.

      Delete
  4. Very nice Ray and suitable for all sorts of scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are certainly churning the figs out! Great looking unit. Can you send some of your mojo my way so I can get my lead pile reduced!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ray, you have really cranked up the production! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very impressive array of militia, Ray! Superb work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice batch of figures! Good job! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love their diversity...and your paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pretty magnificent looking group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look brilliant Ray and a cracking boost to the tally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are excellent figures and your paint job does them justice

    ReplyDelete
  13. great colours, love the gray shades of blue on them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful miniatures and great realistic painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing!

    www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking good. Also have the potential for use in later Covenanter Risings 1666, 79 and 82. In particular battles at Rullion Green, Drumclog,Bothwell Brigand Aird 's Moss. Fantastic paint job though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very versatile figures Warwick, glad you like them.

      Delete
  17. Very impressive en masse Ray

    ReplyDelete