Saturday 26 February 2022

AHPC12 - Arrakis/Machiavellian - Barbed Tormentor & Sarah's Star Yacht

 

I'm paying a visit to Planet Arrakis for this post and using the tag Machiavellian. No I'm not painting anything from Dune, this is one of the few planets I didn't have to look up!

But first I have to pay the fare from Corsucant to Arrakis using Sarah's Star Yacht


Hmmm? This is Mellusa, a slave in chains, from Col Bill's Belt Said Girls
Believe it or not, but she was quite an easy paintjob!



This rather devilish looking chap is a Barbed Tormentor, from the Denizens of Hell series from the game Kingdoms of Hell by Ill Gotten Games.

This isn't your usual type of figure? I hear you say

Well I purchased this beast at Salute from Encounter Prints, I always buy a few strange (for me) figures when I go to a show, just incase Curt puts something strange on the Bonus rounds. 

Just like this!

The definition of Machiavellian is cunning, scheming and unscrupulous, which I think for a Denizen of Hell fits in particularly well?

2 x 25mm figures @ 5 pts each 

Arrakis Bonus 20 pts 

Sarah's Sky Yacht Bonus 20 pts

60pts


22 comments:

  1. Nice work on them Ray, I haven't seen either before so a nice treat to see some unusual figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both unusual for me Donnie especially the red devil.

      Delete
  2. That devil is a nice sculpt and I love the glaring red for his skin.
    Poor girl should fetch a decent price on the auction block, or you could just feed her to the devil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's on her way to the slave markets of Tangier in the 1680's

      Delete
  3. Surely this is heresy Ray? Cunning, scheming and unscrupulous sounds like you at the wargame table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is heresy. Bad Ray, bad Ray.

      Delete
  4. Wicked cool! Bet you had fun painting both and for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work on both figures Ray! I am currently assembling (a real ****of a job!) plastic skeletons for potential use in my long anticipated pulp games...so I understand the fun of painting something s bit out of the norm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice break from the norm. At least it was only 1 figure, unlike yours.

      Delete
  6. Interesting figures Ray, and superbly done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very cool figures painted excellently as always, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful paint-job on both figures Ray, even as you say they're out of your usual areas of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete