Thursday 17 February 2022

AHPC12 - Vogsphere/Bureaucracy - The Clergy 65pts

 


Vogsphere: Bureaucracy; Black Comedy

What the hell's Vogsphere were my first thoughts when reading the Bonus rounds this year, after a quick google search, I found out its the home world of the Vogons...........
Not a clue? 
And I'm not inclined to find out anymore! 
Moving on to Bureaucracy, during last weeks Covid, I had a Netflix rampage and watched all episodes of The Last Kingdom, one after the other, it took a few days, but I'm still here to tell the tale.
Watching the series, made me realise just how much influence the Clergy had over political decisions during this period of English history.
The definition of Bureaucracy is "a system of government in which most of the important decisions are taken by state officials rather than by elected representatives."
So these 9 figures fit the round perfectly. The figures were gifted to me by my old pal and old Challenge painter FranL. He sent these to me in the post a few years ago, so I thought it was high time I got them painted. They're from Conquest Games and sold as Benedictine Monks and Nuns.


Rear view


From left to right
Brother Martin, Brother Miles and Brother Paul


L to R
Father Curtis, Brother David and Brother Lee


L to R
Sister Natasha, Mother Tamsin, Sister Sarah

Bonus round 20pts
9 x 25mm figures @5pts
65pts



34 comments:

  1. Will these be used as characters or markers in games? And, what is Fran up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, that's the plan. I haven't spoken to Fran for a few weeks. Last time I asked him how he was he answered like he always does "Bitter, twisted and resentful"
      I'll leave it there!

      Delete
  2. A nice group Ray, I must check out the Nuns as I would like some for Blitzkrieg campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear the chanting in my head. Surely some will be characters in scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And I'm not inclined to find out anymore!" - You're really missing out then, Ray, as the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book series by Douglas Adams is absolutely superb, imho. Terrific clergy though, and a wondrous gift from Fran :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll give it a go then Simon, on your recommendation.

      Delete
  5. Great work Ray and loved the names.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do indeed fit the bill. Today it would be the media.
    Yes, what is Fran doing these days? His blog is covered in dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very thick dust, Alex. He's still the same moody Fran, well he was last time I spoke to him.

      Delete
  7. Very nice Ray …
    According to History Extra they would be described as…
    An abominable sight of monks and A superfluity of nuns…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking figures, never come across them before, the nuns look a formidable trio! Lovely work on them Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Ray. The Vogons were the most bureaucratic race in the universe from memory, and destroyed Earth to make way for an interstellar bypass having posted the demolition notice on another planet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work on some figures with lots of character. :-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some serious monkey business going on here ( sorry, couldn't help m'self). It is a good group, in all seriousness. Do you imagine some specific role for them on the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a scenario for Donnybrook, where Irish regts have lots of priests attached, so some of these will fit in there.

      Delete
  12. Nice job Ray. Though it's starting to sound like a racy fancy dress party... just need a vicar and a tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the next surpruse lot of figures ruined then. Lol

      Delete
  13. Nice work on all the clergy Ray...are nuns clergy...maybe not, we could just call them eclesiastics....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yet another great addition to your challenge output. I origially thought they may be a peculiar Donnybrook unit, but no doubt we'll see them wandering across some battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marauding and pillaging no doubt Joe. Those nuns are very dodgy!

      Delete
  15. Wonderful stuff Ray, useful for so many periods.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought you painted the figures for "Sister act"! Nice work ray! I like all "your brothers and sisters"! :-D

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete