Wednesday 9 February 2022

APPC12 - Cybertron - General Grievous

Second time lucky?

For my entry in the Cyberton Bonus round, I have painted up the part Kaleesh, part Cyborg General  Grievous, from Star Wars fame.


Grievous, born as Qymaen jai Sheelal, was a Kaleesh male Warlord who served withinthe military forces of the Confederacy of Independent Systems as a commanding officer during the Clone Warsin the final years of the Galactic Republic. 
The man who became known as Grievous, had sustained severe injuries in a coordinated incident that required extensive reparations to his destroyed body, which resulted in his willing submission to cybernetic enhancements and reconstructions, as well as secret alterations to his brain, that rendered him more mechanical than organic as he received greater abilities as a result.


The General was part of a joblot of Hasbro figures I bought last year, he probably should be a little lighter in colour, but he's had a hard day today and is in need of an oil rub down, hence he looks a little grubby.......

1 x 54mm figure @ 10 pts
20 pts for Cybertron Bonus round

So all in all 30 points?

22 comments:

  1. Hasbro.....54mm....whats going on?! I know next to nothing about Star Wars so have to take your word on all the details on this character - nice paint work, and a decent number of points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst I stopped watching SW when the teddy bears appeared I still find the whole thing an amazing imaginative universe and this chap fits in well from my pov.
    No doubt he's very close to the film/comic or whatever and he does look good - well worth the points Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it all when I was a kid, I was 9 when Star Wars came out. But don't like the last 3 Star Wars films, they were crap.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done! Like seeing a little sci-fi action. I think you should venture into Star Trek next and paint Seven of Nine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure there are any Star Trek figures??? I'm sure someone will sell some?

      Delete
  4. Oh... Nice bit of Star Wars, Ray. I'm not a fan of either the prequels or Disney tripe tbh, but thought General Grievous was an excellent character. You've done a top job on him, imho, and I like the colours you've achieved for the light sabres too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Grievous from here! Nice work on a sculpt with rather soft detail so not easy imo. Those Hasbro minis were a nice resource but not very well done overall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a little bendy. I had to slather superglue on the lightsabre's to try and keep them straight, they were a little wonky!

      Delete
  6. I remember the name but can't remember the character. Nice job on him Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks better than the one I got with a Star Wars game Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like it Ray! And I agree the first Star Wars movies are the best!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete