Wednesday 2 February 2022

AHPC12 - Iron Gate Scenary - Blacksmith's Forge


     Cybertron: Robot(s), Transformation/Transformative
For my visit to planet Cybertron, I thought I would use the Transformation description which would fit perfect for this wonderful piece of kit. A Blacksmith's forge that would transform base metal into weapons and other items a little less useful for a wargamer.


Once again its from those very clever chaps at Iron Gate Scenery, who really do make some great items for wargaming. This kit can be purchased for the modest sum of £14


Its an all plastic and resin kit, which fits together very easily. The base is from Warbases and is left over from the stack I bought to make jungle terrain a few Challenges ago.


Its probably more based on the medieval period, but hey ho, I think this fits for the Donnybrook period spot on.


And of course you need a Blacksmith, I can't remember where this chap comes from, sorry?
But with that stylish tache, who cares!


And here's his Dad, who's a Redoubt figures, from I think, their AWI range?


He's working very hard, poor chap.


There's a hole under the fire pit, for a tea lightbulb, which makes it looks like the flames are flickering. 
I did take a 5 second film. but can't get the bugger to work!!!
oh well


I hate working out how much buildings are worth, its 6 x 3 x 2 inches, so I'd hazard a guess at 5pts??

2 x 25mm figures @5 points
1 x 25mm horse@5pts
Forge @5pts
Cyberton Bonus 20pts

So I'd say 35pts???
What do you reckon Greg?

Unfortunately Greg, my Minion, didn't agree that my Blacksmiths forge fitted in with the Transformational part of the bonus round??? So I lost any bonus points only receiving
25 points for all that hard work.
Boooo!!!!


42 comments:

  1. Sucks that you lost bonus points for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid stuff, Ray. Lovely piece, and that fire idea is absolutely superb - the footage looks marvellous imho. I thought this fitted the theme of transformation superbly, so Booooo!!! indeed. I must confess, having been told one of my submissions didn't fit a bonus round, that some minions are taking the criteria literally, whereas Curt made it clear he was purposefully leaving them open and flexible, to provide "sufficient elbowroom for creative interpretation." A corking piece nonetheless though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always been the idea Simon, some people need to take a chill pill!

      Delete
  3. Thinking outside of the box (or forge) ought be rewarded. Interesting vignette and excellent execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, the bonus rounds are definitely geared to the Fantasy/Sci Fi gamer this year, so you just have to be a little n=bit more creative, or so I thought?

      Delete
  4. I love this model and wish I had a reason to buy one too. I thinkthe model looks great and all the extras would have been well worth the point imho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harsh on the points Ray..... Those poor hooves on cobbles without shoes :-(
    Still on to the next project.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. Pity about the strict application of bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still don't believe it wasn't allowed tbh, just can't see why?

      Delete
  7. Very nice work there Ray, both on the figures and the forge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the piece and what you have enhanced it with. Looks like it could suit several periods, renaissance through to WW1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, that's the great thing about it.

      Delete
  9. Cracking piece of work Ray, lovely little terrain piece, shame about the point though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's unfortunate you didn't get the bonus points, but the forge looks great Ray!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Ray, and I'm sure you could have argued that the blacksmith could transform a sheet of metal into a robot if he put his mind to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I', sure he could have Lawrence. Sucks the fun out of it though.

      Delete
  12. A great looking building Ray…
    And one that could fit into a number of periods and scenarios…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like that kit and the paint job you gave it.

    A shame it didn’t get the bonus points tho, I really like the idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a really handy diorama piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice little building and came out quite scenic. That IS a great tache on that guy. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet it'd take a lot of looking after though?

      Delete
  16. A very nice entry Ray and a slightly more valid argument that it's transformational than your last declined attempt at bonus points!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great, shame about the lost bonus points

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely workshop and figures, Ray! They make a great looking vignette for many periods/scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean, I'm very pleased how it turned out.

      Delete
  19. still angry, remember most people are here to make you feel gifted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you and they do, Martin! But I'm still angry!

      Delete
  20. Nice piece of scenery ray! Like it!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete