Tuesday 24 October 2023

The Other Partizan Loot

 


I nearly forgot to post my meagre haul of goodies from The Other Partizan a couple of weekends ago?
So here go's!


An odd assortment of figures from Col Bill, I'm hoping 1 or 2 of these will fit into the up and coming Winter Painting Challenge??


Some wrecked 1/1200 scale ships from Tumbling dice and some blue and green wash from Warlord.


Lots of paintbrushes from ABC Brushes and some greenstuff.


More wrecked 1/1200 scale ships, this time from Ark Royal Miniatures along with some ratlins for my fleets!!

I did also pick up some nearly painted ships from Tumbling Dice, they were gonna be show pieces, but I think the chap, just wanted rid of them, so they are now added to my collection.
Also not in the photos, a big bag of bases from Warbases, for all the Rejects squadrons for Mad For War.

And there ends my meagre haul of goodies!



38 comments:

  1. Very focused haul, I see ships coming off the ways soon. Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groan, not the winter painting challenge again. It’s so boring. You lot knock yourselves out painting stuff, then do not touch anything for months afterwards. I do not get it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the Painting Challenge will be back soon, its really not boring, we all love it Mr Anon?

      Delete
    2. I am with Mr Anon, Simon

      Delete
    3. I find it a good motivator and to be honest I don't notice much drop off in productivity to be honest , just my tuppence!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. After walking past all those fantastic games on show enroute to the vendors, I would have been primed to buy one of everything in sight. Your haul demonstrates superior focus and restraint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have had to remortgage my house to do that Ed!

      Delete
  4. Very nice haul and "restrained"? Well congrats in that case! For me, this lot would have been an extravagant expenditure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pleased I didn’t get too carried away, like I usually do.

      Delete
  5. Not a bad haul Ray…….good brushes are so hard to find 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice assortment of brushes there with a variety of shapes and sizes. I'll look forward to seeing the wrecked Langton ships make an appearance when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul Ray, showing unusual restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Focussed' sounds about right - should keep you going through the winter, and we look forward to seeing those fleets in action!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice assortment there, Ray but definitely a bias towards the Senior Service - which isn't really my thing to be honest, but old sailing ships DO look nice on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta admit, they never were mine either. But Mad For War, work so well, we couldn't resist.

      Delete
  10. Definitely a lot more restrained than me 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a nice selection of quality purchases, Ray. The amount of brushes you picked up is inspirational for me - I tend to use brushes well past their serviceable life. New brushes (fresh tips) really make painting enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make painting easier, that's for sure.

      Delete
  12. Quite the haul there Ray.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Decent haul, remarkable restraint!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete