Wednesday 4 October 2023

Almansa 1707 - 2mm Spanish Chuch



My painting has slowed down recently, but I did manage to get this wonderful Brigade Models Mediterranean Church finished.


Its quite big as you can see by the pics, so its probably more a Cathedral size?


It was too big to go on the 40x40 town bases, so I thought I'd make a feature of it. Giving it walls and a graveyard.


Which are all made from card!


And can come out, if you wanna place a stand of troops in the area.


The gravestones are a little large for 2mm. I did try to cut them smaller, but it just didn't look right, so I stuck with the over sized gravestones and tombs. Which I think was the better idea.





22 comments:

  1. The church is cool. Neat feature you can take out the graveyard. (Which is also quite impressive.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These 2mm building and towns are really quite neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that a lot, very nice model and very well painted, I think you are right to go with the bigger gravestones and tombs, looks the part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent looking church and adaptable graveyard!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Ray. I agree with the slightly larger gravestones. Anything smaller and they would have been unrecognisable as to what they are meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very fine looking church Ray.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a lovely addition to your collection of structures for the scale. Impressive scratch building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I'm very pleased with its overall look.

      Delete
  8. That is certainly an impressive church/ cathedral….
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete