Tuesday 5 March 2024

AHPC14 - Haitian Revolution - Haitian Infantry 25mm

 


More figures for my Haitian Revolution project.
These 28 figures are all from Trent Miniatures, now available from Skytrex in the UK.


I've split them into 3 units of 8 plus the 4 command figures. I haven't added the flag yet, as I have a cunning plan in mind.


All the infantry minis come with unattached heads, (Very French Revolution eh?)
So you can add 5 different heads to the same pose and make the figures look very random.


You can see the same pose and a different head in this pic on 3 of the poses.


I think my favourite is the bear headed chap, that's a very useful head. At one time you could buy the bear heads as a separate purchase, but not anymore I'm afraid.


My pal for the flags is this. 
As the troops can be used for either pro French or Anti French, I want to have the flags swapable, so I'm looking for a thin round sleeve to glue the flags to and then they can be removed as and when I need to.

The only problem is, I can't find what I need.......yet!


Love the pose of the leader on the right, his face is so expressive!

Anyway 28 figures x 5pts make me....

140 points!


32 comments:

  1. Very nice Ray, keep going mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent collection of figures Ray and well worth the points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brass tubing or plastic tubing. For the flag swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever way to make them different from each other. Little disturbing, but clever. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Trent Miniatures are choice, aren't they? I have some for my Irish rebel warband for Silver Bayonet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tad costly nowadays, but damn good figures.

      Delete
  6. SUperb uniforms, paint job...and expressive face, you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very nice indeed, it's nice to see something that wee bit different, cracking work sir!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like something a little off pist, Donnie.

      Delete
  8. A fine body of men there Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More lovely Haitians Ray. Skytrex really seem to be expanding the range of products they are selling lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, they seem to be buying up other companies???

      Delete
  10. Great looking figures to add to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The collection keeps growing - have you a target in mind? Like pancerni I was going to suggest brass tubing. Often a model shop perhaps model railways will have some.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go on a search, see what I can find, cheers!

      Delete
  12. I have enjoyed watching this project take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I shudder to think how long it would take a slow painter like me to get this gorgeous-looking formation tabletop ready, Ray. Excellent work. Truly excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome looking additions to your collection, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beaut painting Ray. Wonderful variety and individuality with these.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete