Saturday 17 February 2018

AHPC8 Donnybrook - French Grenadiers & Louis XIV



Yet more figures for my Donnybrook shenanigans I'm afraid.
In today's post we have French Grenadiers and Kings Louis XIV of France.




The first 4 French Grenadiers are from North Star's 1672 range.
They are a tad early for my period, with their rolled up sleeves,
 but boy they are great looking figures.
I'm afraid the detail just hasn't shown up in the photos, which is really a shame.
They are a joy to paint and come highly 
recommended that's for sure!




The next four figures are from Foundry's Malburian range.
Nice figures but a tad boring as they're all the same pose. 
As per normal the bases are from Warbases, the grass tufts are a mix of Warpainter
and Debris of War Scenics


Oops almost forgot 4 ladders, which needed painting and won't earn me a lot of points!
I picked these up at the Rochester Model shop of £1!


King Louis XIV
Now I'm sure I bought him from North Star, but can't find him on their site???
I wasn't sure what colour to paint him, so chose a uniform consistent with
the Guarde Francais.


51 points altogether lifting me back up the table to 37th place.


26 comments:

  1. The north Star 1672 is e beautifull miniatures range. Good paintjob too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. Really like those Grenadiers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are a couple of the Grenadiers about to throw grenades? Or are they rocks?
    Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been eyeing those Northstar figs for some time. Wonderful job you did on them doesn’t help with my self control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Mes ancĂȘtres!"...Lovely colors, splendid uniform...and great painting my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again it will be said "Nice work, Ray! I even detect in the figure a subliminal facial likeness to the General. Of Franonia, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Those will look fantastic on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking grenadiers and the colour on the king is perfect!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete