Sunday 10 July 2022

Empires at War - Haitian Revolution Buildings 2

 


The next two building in my Haitian Revolution collection are 2 Storerooms. Again I decided to paint the doors on one building, this time though using a dull blue/grey.


Storeroom B on the left and A on the right.


I do like the addition of the small fenced area on B, its a firewood store without any firewood in it!
That'll soon be remedied


The plastic roofing sheets are a little shiny, so to darken them and add a little life to them, I painted on some Army Painter Strong Tone, slightly watered down, then dry brushed a lighter version of the red/brown. Then dotted a few green and yellow spots, to look like moss. This toned down the shiny effect no end.


My favourite part of these two buildings are the stairs, again I chose the red/brown colour and painted over in the same method as I did on the roofs, I think they came out looking rather good!


Both these models can be bought for £22.50 each.

35 comments:

  1. They have come together really well.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stairs are very detailed and really pop with your paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran out of the colour I wanted, so used some actual masonry paint watered down!

      Delete
  3. These really have come out very nicely Ray, great work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking repurposed Spanish/ Italian buildings, nice roofs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I might have to buy some Peninsular figures next so I can reuse the buildings???

      Delete
  5. Another set of great buildings Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look every bit the part for Carribean mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More nice additions, I really like the stairs, they look the part!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, I thought they'd look good in brick red.

      Delete
  8. Splendid job Ray, they look spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smashing buildings, Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good additions and the roofs really did need 'toning down'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking units for the table. Nice details added!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, and useful, terrain pieces, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be used for so many periods Dean.

      Delete
  13. Some awesome buildings mate! Need some barrels of rum! Why's all the rum gone Elisabeth?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think you were going crazy there Sander, I had to look that one up!!

      Delete
  14. Nice post thank you Chris

    ReplyDelete