Friday 24 April 2015

RP No 170 NYW French Generals



Well the Analogue Painting Challenge is over for another year. These 6 Nine Years War French Generals were entered as my last entry earning me a mere 24 points. Pushing me up to my best position in the Challenge so far this year No 36. But in the final hours I was knocked down a place to finish at the lofty heights of No 37!
I've already got some French Generals, that Reject Richard painted up, but these will be used as CnC's or 2nd in command Generals, these 6 will be used as Brigadiers.
They're based up for my much preferred set of rules for the period,  Beneath the Lily Banners. I may one day yet get on the field of battle????


Francois Louis, Prince of Conti




Louis-Charles d'Hautefort



duc de Roqualaure




Mareschal de Camp Montmorancy




Jean-Armand de Joyeuse, Marquis of Grondpre




Lt-Gen Feuquires




33 comments:

  1. Very nice commanders Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joli travail, monsieur...Salutations de France...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Ray. next challenge I will do the same and concentrate on quality and not quantity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely movements in those horses and lovely colours too, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think you did a fine job. And crap, how many people enter that contest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very busy Challenge, but not as busy as yours!

      Delete
  6. Nice, Ray. I sure would like to have one of their big fancy hats to swagger around San Diego!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Ray! I think you did a great job in the Challenge and I loved your tavern vignette. I fell rather short of the mark, but real life got in the way.

    Have fun at Salute tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real life's a bugger sometimes Anne, it does get in the way of our fun!

      Delete
  8. Super figures

    You must be able to do NYW at 1:1 by now !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking mounted commanders, Ray. Pity the Challenge points for them - they would seem to be worth much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh?? Curt knocked down the points for 15mm before the Challenge last year :0(

      Delete
  10. Excellent painted officers!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete