Wednesday 28 August 2019

28mm 4Ground Dutch Houses



All's been very quiet painting wise at Cassa Rousell over the summer.
I, believe it or not have stacks still to paint, but to be honest just couldn't be arsed. I do think 
the Painting Challenge does have a part to play here.
Anyway, as painting was out of the question I thought I'd get some buildings made up.
The 4 buildings are all from 4Grounds World at War series, but I'll be using them for the earlier
Donnybrook period.


I was quite impressed with them to be honest, they fitted together very well and took roughly 5 hours work to complete each one.


This is Dutch House 1


You buy it with only 1 floor


But I bought extension's for the buildings.


3 Foundry figures for scale


Dutch House 2


This is my favourite building


Rear view


Dutch House 2 as you buy it with just the 1 upper floor




Dutch House 3 & another Dutch House number 2


I did have 1 slight problem, 2 of the packs didn't have enough roof tiles, I called the 
guys at 4Ground and explained my annoying problem.


Three days later, I received a parcel in the post. containing 8 roof sheets!!!
So I swapped the roof colour of my second Dutch house 2 to a Blue roof.  



out the back 


Well worth every penny spent!!!!

Now what shall I do????

42 comments:

  1. Nice houses, but never seen them here lol.
    Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remco - I've found some photos of this style of building in Arnhem on the Onderlang, slightly east of the Christelijk Lyceum.

      Delete
  2. Good looking result, Ray! What next? How about a figure parade of your Grand Alliance collection? Avoids painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really great! Something a little different from painting models. Well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donnybrook ...do you play that system? Nice looking houses, I'll be poking at 4Ground's site to find them shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and useful terrain pieces, Ray. They do look tall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking models and they can be used from the 16th century clean through to the present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking pair of buildings!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look cracking, Ray. I’m after something very similar at the moment so very interested in those. I especially like the roof tiles. Nice to see 4ground provide an addition to a plain etched room. One thing I’m not keen on with mdf buildings is the lack of 3d effect on the roof, but these look brilliant 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there's none of the horrid edges showing as well.

      Delete
  9. Looks good Ray, still haven't decided on buildings for my SYW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medieval European i'd guess??? Are we still allowed to say European???

      Delete
  10. Excellent stuff mate. You can't beat the 4Ground stuff for cost effectiveness imho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, except for scratch building of course.

      Delete
    2. I prefer to build these than the plastic figures I've had before!

      Delete
  11. They definetly look like houses and Dutch !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are houses and the packet said Dutch.

      Delete
  12. These look great Ray. Nice colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why Dutch? is there a cap on how high they can go?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm surprised your daughters did not steal it for a dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said they're too old for dolls houses.........unlike their Dad!

      Delete