Sunday 5 April 2020

AHPC X - Awdry's Atoll - Its a Jungle out there.....



With my new period the Haitian Revolution finally getting some figures painted, I thought it'd be
a good idea to get some jungle terrain made up for Saint Domingue.
How could I refuse Sir Michael plea on Awdry's Atoll???




"For me the challenge, and laterally the bonus rounds was always about having fun, often scratching a creative itch. Weaving a narrative through an idea was always the goal and in order to best compose these frivolities I would often start with a blank CD or DVD. Given the geographical alliteration, Awdry's Atoll, I am proposing as my challenge a Desert Island Disc! I would like to see all manner of creativeness, command stands or even terrain pieces that start life with the humble CD or DVD. (If proving difficult to obtain then any circular basing material of a 120mm diameter will suffice.)"






I've been collecting palm trees and fish tank plants for a few months now. These were glued down onto 2 DVD dics, SAW II and House of Wax if you really want to know? Then based with fine sand with a few stones thrown in for good measure!


So the only real painting done was on the base.


I did add a few grass tufts as well.
Capt Kidd is only in the photos for scale, so no more points for him.


So there we have it 2 DVD disc jungle bases
30 points for the Challenge round and whatever the generous Minion on the day
 would like to give me???

24 comments:

  1. Are you sure one of these discs wasn't "Welcome to the Jungle," Ray?
    Nice jungle terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never waste a Guns n Roses disc, Jonathan!

      Delete
  2. Nice, but the next time you watch those DVD´s they ruin your player!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing Is I don't even have a DVD player anymore!

      Delete
  3. Well, that's about all those movies were good for. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super looking jungle terrain Ray...I hope you have a lafprge collection of crap DVDs to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handsome and atmopsheric jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved these Ray and just the sort of creativity I hoped to see on the Atoll. Well done Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jungle pieces have come out really well; when I did mine I washed all the flora with a green ink wash to remove the obvious 'plasticyness' (that's a word right ?) somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Joe, just gotta get some green wash now??

      Delete