Sunday 12 April 2020

Analogue Hobbies Quarantine Painting Challenge - 3rd Chasseurs a Cheval



I thought it was about time I posted some figures in the all new Quarantine Challenge!
Like the majority of you guys I'm off work at the moment on Furlough, there isn't a lot 
of call for beer at the moment, don't know if you've noticed???
I'm on the end of week three and have been working on these luvvly looking chaps, the 3rd Chasseurs a Cheval.



The keen eyed among you will notice that they're not based???
That's because I've painted them up for a fellow blogger Dave Crook. here's a link to Dave's blog,
Dave is in the middle of a Napoleonic adventure, he's collecting the range of figures produced
by Del Prado a few years ago for the Battle of Waterloo. There are a few units missing from the collection one being the 3rd Chasseurs a Cheval. 
Gotta admit these figures nearly killed me, they're old Minifigs and don't have a lot of detail on
them, and what's there you really have to dig out, but I persevered and got them completed.
Hopefully they'll be off in the post to Dave soon, so he can do the biz with them. He's going all old school on them, basing them on plain green bases and slopping 10 ton of gloss varnish all over them.
Just for my own personal tally, I'm giving myself points as we do in the AHPC. So these bad boys are worth 200 points, but they're not based so I'll knock off 10% giving me a grand total of 
180!


35 comments:

  1. David will be pleased with these fine troopers, no doubt. Not everyone is on extended holiday, Ray. My work continues unaltered...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully painted chasseurs, Ray. Love the deep green and bright facings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to tell, but they also appear really tiny.
    No call for beer? There's been a run on it here in this country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're 25mm figures Alex. Oh there us call for beer. But most pubs can't sell any due to the lockdown.

      Delete
  4. These bring back memories Ray...I still have some of these figures in my Napoleonic collection to this day, originally bought and painted as a teenager...but NO gloss paint on my versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I did shudder when Dave said he'd be garnishing them with gloss.

      Delete
  5. Very nicely done Ray, and the variety of the projects you are tackling is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Varieties the spice of life Lawrence, or so they say?

      Delete
  6. Very nicely done Ray. They all the rage back when I was young. How things have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on those Ray. I can just see them in all their shiny glory when David is finished with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet they will look great all shiny! Fabulous job Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a surprise seeing figures that are not for Donnybrook, though no surprise at your generosity.
    Great looking figures and to me, like many others I suspect, a great nostalgic trip seeing Minifigs en masse.
    Great looking unit btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe! They were a right bugger to paint up!

      Delete
  10. The old, elegant minifigs: you've done them proud! I would have a hard time parting with them--good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Ray - you are a painting dervish at present.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely toys Ray...
    I am still a big fan of Minifigs...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have that something about them Aly.

      Delete
  13. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Aqur Printing wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice Ray, very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete