Friday 21 January 2022

AHPC12 - Donnybrook Prisoner Wagon & Cate Cramer




My 3rd post of the day!!! Sorry Greg!

My first stop is Caprica where I will invoke those who are Doomed. I was going to paint this Prison wagon up for the Challenge anyway so it was pretty handy that it fitted into Caprica/Doomed perfectly.


My prisoner wagon contains 3 Rebel traitors being driven to their doom, just after the Battle of Sedgemoor in 1685.

The Wagon is from the very clever lads & lasses from Iron Gate Scenery and was a snip at £8!



It is more of a medieval model, so I changed the wheels to look more 17th/18th century which worked well. Check them out if you haven't already, they make some brilliant terrain pieces. I do have a few more bits from them for later in the Challenge.



I did also buy the figures to go with the wagon, but chose to buy another pack from Col Bill, c17th century Prisoners and guard. The three prisoner figures fit well into the wagon as my prisoners. The 2 drivers I believe are both also from Col Bill's Depot Battalion.




After lounging around on Caprica I decided to jump back on Sarah's Star Yacht, with our destination being the wonderful planet Skaro. As payment for my trip I offer up Cate Cramer a c18th century US settler, I'm sure Cate will fit in with my other civilians for King Philips War.






Cate is another of Col Bills, Belt Fed Gaming Novelty Girls and like  Becky Burton in my previous post is a snip at £3.35.

Points mean prizes so lets work out how many....

5 x 25mm figures - 25pts
Wagon 1 x 28mm vehicle - 20pts
Caprica/Doomed Bonus - 20pts

Cate Cramer 1 x 25mm - 5pts
Sarah's Star Yacht - 20pts

90 points?

32 comments:

  1. Great work Ray and the wagon is particularly cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More nice work and some good point scoring Ray. The wagon would work well in the Haiti project too, with different figures....looks like just the kind of vehicle one would ipuse to ship slaves around in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm? You're right, now to find some suitable Haitian prisoners.....

      Delete
  3. Great looking wagon and figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an outstanding wagon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool the cage comes out. Multi-purpose wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ray, a very nice job done on all of those figures, each has had me staring into them, as they are all so interesting. i don’t think I have ever seen a prison wagon before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that wagon a lot, really nice piece and well painted too!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice civilian for King Philips war. They must have been tough old birds to go west.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that prisoner wagon, and can't recall having seen a piece like it before. Great job Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking job on the prisoner cart! I wasn't aware of Iron Gate Scenery. Great stuff! Thanks for including the reference and link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wagon. That cage looks heavy, those poor horses

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wagon Ray…
    Very grim and an excellent focal point for lots of scenarios…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking wagon Ray and so many uses. Will be checking that out.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few other farmers will be too Stuart.

      Delete
  14. Great wagon, prisoners and Cate too, but where is the child catcher ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent work! I like that wagon how it can be changed for many uses! And the figures are also lovely!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete