Wednesday 5 January 2022

2021 Review and what's next in 2022

 

I've been reading a few other bloggers 2021 reviews, so I thought I'd chip in as well.

Year 2 of Covid as you all well know was just as bad as the first for everyone. I only managed to get 7 face to face games in, 2 of those we're practice games for Richard's demo game at Broadside, another was the game itself, which I took virtually no part in, so really it was only 4 games, which is a bloody pitiful amount if you ask me!


But saying that I think The Battle of Montenotte 1796, Richard's game at Salute was my highlight of the gaming year. It was great to get the Rejects together again and help play in such a great game.
Richard worked very hard getting it all ready for the unusually dated December Broadside, thing is he had an extra year to plan for the game. this should have been played in 2020, but who's counting!

Blog wise, I had my busiest year since 2013, with 90 posts, this was partly due to being furloughed for quite some time and getting lots of painting done, for the Painting Challenge instead of sitting in doors watching the TV and annoying the Mrs! Not sure I'll top 90 posts this year, but I'll give it a go, for sure.

Blogger numbers are definitely down again in 2021, I received 152000 visits, the no 1 place visitors came from was the US, followed by Sweden? Yeh Sweden? The 5th most popular was Russia, wonder if they were all our favourite bot sites?

My top 5 most popular post from 2021 are as follows....

1. Salute 2021 The Pics


2.SELWG 2021


2. The Battle of Bruk auf der Leitha

4. The Battle at Alara River

5. Imperialist Infantry 1683


Gotta say I'm pleased to see 3 of the 4 games I played make it in the top 5, the other The Battle of Chatham came in 6th. 
But even better was some of my figures made the top 5. The luvvly grey uniformed regt Baden-Baden in the Austrian Imperialist army for my Battle of Vienna 1683 project.

So onto 2022....

Pretty boring really, much of the same I'm afraid. I've entered the Analogue Hobbies Winter Painting Challenge once again, So it's gonna be more Donnybrook and more Haitian Revolution, with a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
I would like to start another new army but 1. Still not sure what that would be? 2. Haven't really got the dosh for a new army and 3. The Mrs would kill me!

So look out for more Donnybrook Imperialists and Poles and more Rebels and French for Haiti.
Posties organized a game in a few weeks, think its gonna be Napoleonics? So I'm looking forward to that. I know Richard wants to put on another game using his most excellent Revolutionary Wars figures and rules and I'd like to put a few games on as well, just gotta find the time that's all.....

Cheers everyone and thanks for your continued support and comments

34 comments:

  1. Seeing reports of the Montenotte game was a highlight for me too.

    Happy New Year, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Love the initial illustration, Ray! Great looking gaming you did throughout the year, nevertheless. Looking forward to more of your wonderful posts in 2022! Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic hobby year sir!
    Best wishes in 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hope you get a ton of posts and hits this year without being stuck at home the cause. And you get to play more in person games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's all hope that 2022 is a lot better than the last couple!! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts on the blog, and those Baden-Baden troops are really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so Donnie, glad you liked the Austrians!

      Delete
  6. I hope you get to play more games in 2023

    ReplyDelete
  7. Covid really did play havoc with your gaming numbers Ray, like Scotty, I hope you get a few more in 2022. Mind you, I also hope the same for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly did Keith, I hope you're right!

      Delete
  8. You were hit quite hard gaming wise during 2021 Ray. Hopefully 2022 will be better and this latest variant will finally blow the virus out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers and everything else crossed for 2022 Lawrence!

      Delete
  9. I don't think you can ever have too much Donnybrook Ray, bring it on! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very appropriate opening graphic. Good summary post 👍 Looking forward to following along in '22, 17th Century/Donnybrook in particular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed, hopefully lots more 17th Century stuff and a few games as well.

      Delete
  11. Its a surprise that numbers of views were down given how much home time we have all been landed with. Hope to see more of your Vienna project this year.
    Best wishes for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All things considered, not a bad year - and great that you were able to get out for some big games.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New year to you and yours Ray and whilst it may not have been a very productive year gaming-wise you have done one heck of a lot of painting and posting! You easily beat my tally of face-to face gaming (0), so don;t feel too bad and look to 2022 to rectify this.
    Most of my 'views' cme from the USA (twice my UK views on average), but the Russian bots ooccassionally upset the overall trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 0 games, now that is sad Joe, I do hope you get a game soon?

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year to you and your family! And I wish that you paint a lot of figures!
    Nice overview from 2021!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete