Friday 24 November 2023

The 14th Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

 


Oh Yes! Its that time of year again....

I've booked my spot and am already looking forward to the start date of the 21st December.

I've given myself a target of 1000 points which I should be able to do, but you never know?

Usually by now I'd have been busy cleaning and prepping figures for a new project, but not this year. I did have one in mind, but that will have to wait for another day.

I've decided to have a bit of a tidy up in that pit of despair, that I call my painting shed. I have over the last few years amassed a rather large hoard of figures that were already prepped and undercoated, but simply never made it to the top of the queue. So its time these poor figures got the lick of paint that they deserve.

So rather unusually from me, you may see a little more Donnybrook stuff, more from the Haitian Revolution and some 15mm LOA Spanish, to name but a few.

On the Challenge, Curt has perhaps wisely not offered me a chance to be a Minion again, after my last debacle, I swear I never pressed delete!!!!

Looking forward to it already!!!

28 comments:

  1. Funny enough I am doing the same. No main project them just a bitsa kind of cleanup . Have fun Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to motivate the effort to clear backlog. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've signed up too but with a lower target and I'll also probably be painting figures primed for previous challenges!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your output

    ReplyDelete
  6. That year has certainly flown by. Good luck Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I'm on a consolidation binge this year too. Models that were prepped for previous years and didt get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with the painting 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes and looking forward to your endeavor, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I look forward to seeing your output from the contents of the pit of despair Ray, both in the Challenge and more generally in the coming months. The Haitian Project was always one of my favourites - need some more games with that collection, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely it does. My aim is to put on a game at Broadside in June and a few practice games beforehand.

      Delete
  11. Good luck, Ray. I wasn't going to be doing the AHPC myself this year, as I want to clear a huge back-log of partially-painted figures instead. But Curt kindly got in touch, so I'll be up for my usual 500pt target.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am signed up. I managed to get the last of my undercoating prep done in the brief period of yesterday's sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn, but the list filled up quickly. So I'm doing my own challenge at home.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send Curt an email, he might be able to squeeze you in Phil?

      Delete