Thursday 3 May 2012

RP 71 RJW - Russian Machine Gun Teams




Back to the Analouge Painting Challenge for today's post ( yeh, I know Fran!!) These Russian Machine gun teams were entered into Curt's Challenge back on March 20th and along with the Japanese Machine Gun teams earned me 320 points!!!

The figures are once again from Irregular and still like most of Posties RJW collection are in need of a damn good inking!!!

It is my sad duty to inform you of a death in the family, my long serving camera Colin has bit the bullet. Colin served me for 3 glorious years, travelling with me to many Wargaming shows and to many games, we had our ups and downs, usually when he wouldn't focus when I wanted him to. I, still after the 3 years he served me, never knew how to get him to work properly, I'd press a button or two and usually wonder what I'd done and how the hell I would get it back to how it was before. But he always knew what to do. He was gallant until the end, which was the night before last, he was running out of juice, so a quick change of batteries was needed.............but that was the end. He never woke up from the operation even with the new batteries inserted the right way round.
So this post is dedicated to Colin, my his memory live Forever.....................

Lastly I'm pimping out Ian, a fellow Wargame blogger, take a quick look at his blog "The Blog With No Name", it will be well worth the visit!!!!!








30 comments:

  1. Nice looking gunners. Very clean white coats.

    Off to check out this blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid work Ray, even without the ink! Please let me offer my commiserations for Colin; parting is such sweet sorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!

    Do not worry... There will be a new Colin and maybe he will even do your bidding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ink will only make these troops stand-out more! Also, my Nikon is in shock after hearing of Colin's major battery failure. Our digital sympathies are with you at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done...and nice uniforms, this white is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Colin, wanted to take a few pics myself but it looks like mine has sodded off to the funeral!!!

    Thanks for pimping me (will have to write other than drivel then!!), and I agree ink would add to the figures glory, will Postie lisen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. my, what a sad day.
    First Peter Connoly, and now Colin...

    Sad day indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet they would put out a wall of lead. Nicely detailed

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what happens with a man when he has four women in his house. He gives his camera a male name. What name will he give the next one? Hawkeye?

    The figures are excellent painted Ray.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking crisp!!!

    Amazed how you find the time to paint all this mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look nice!
    I hope the back rank doesn't fire though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only agree with following Ian other than that you're boring the bejesus out of us, see you at work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking unit. I would be lost without my camera as it took me ages to get used to all the settings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Condolences on you loss. Colin did a sterling job right to the very end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice one... maybe it was time for colin to go, a new camera is needed, colin is just going to be rencarnated as your next camera... I am sure he is being reborn as we speak in a factory not likely to be near you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look really good the white makes them stand out with or without ink wash

    ReplyDelete
  17. More amazing work! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful dedication..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work Ray. I would hate to have to supply the ammo for all that lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tried to comment earlier Ray, but the public WiFi at the hospital kept cutting out.

    I'll be flying a flag at half-mast tomorrow in honor of your camera. I like the whites on those figures. I'm working on a rabbit right now and am trying to paint his tunic a creamy white. If he turns out okay, I may post him this weekend. He's a fierce killer bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 320 points and a casualty...not to bad in total Ray.
    Long live Sir Colin...
    Amazing work!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice ray, I shall have a look at your mates blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sad to read the news about Colin. Very nice painting Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice tidy work. Not a line up I'd want to be marching towards!

    ReplyDelete